one

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

2018

          SCOTT JERKED up, suddenly awake from last night. He groaned, blinking groggily. Looking beside him, he realized he was in a car, and Hope was driving. "Hope?"

She gave a meaningless look before focusing on the road again. He noticed her hair was now long; her bob from years ago gone.

"Is this another dream?" He asked, referring to the dream he had the previous night about being in the quantum realm again, and embodying Hank's wife.

"Do you think it was a dream, or is it possible that you really saw my mom down there?" Hope asked coldly, gripping the wheel tighter.

"I'm...not sure," he responded, focusing on the cupholders. They stopped at a red light before Scott suddenly noticed he was absent from his house; being on house arrest. One minute he was eating cereal on the couch, watching TV and the next, he's in a car with Hope.

"I can't be here! I-I can't be here! I'm under house arrest!"

When Scott tried to pull the handle, Hope shook her head. "They won't open while the system's engaged, Scott."

Scott furrowed his brows, looking out the window only to stare into the eye of a pigeon. He gasped, leaning away from the window. Peering around, he saw another bird approach the vehicle, and it dawned on him that they were shrunken down.

His eyes widened even further when a garbage truck passed them overhead. The light turned green, and Hope moved forward.

"You have to take me home. They could show up any second!"

"Relax. As far as your nanny cops know, you're still at home."

Scott looked down at his ankle, seeing a tan line from where his ankle monitor was previously on. He shook his head, confused. This prompted Hope to fill in; "He's programmed to follow your daily routine. Nine hours in bed, five hours in front of the TV, two hours in the bathroom...whatever that's about—"

"That's totally inaccurate." Scott brushed off, shaking his head. "And how do you know about my daily routine? You spying on me?"

"We keep tabs on all security threats, all right? And so far, the biggest one we've had is you."

Hope drove off the road, going into a concrete tube that was part of a nearby construction site.

Scott sighed, "I'm sorry about Germany. They just showed up. They said it was a matter of national security. That Cap needed help, so—"

"Cap?" Hope gave him a look.

"...tain America. Captain. Cap. It's what we call him. If you're a friend. I'm not saying I'm a friend of...well, a little—I know him. Whatever. I'm sorry! I didn't think I'd get caught."

"You didn't think about a lot of things."

"How's Hank?" Scott asked after a moment, bowing his head.

"We're still running. The house is gone, so is our freedom. How do you think he is?" Hope shot his down, exiting the tube and continuing on the side of the road.

"And...Christina?"

Hope sighed, giving a quick look at him. "She took the Accords hard...Scott. It took her a long time to bounce back. You really hurt her. I've never seen her more down than when you left."