six

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

          "WELL, THE good news is I know where it is," Scott announced after getting off the phone with Luis.

"And the bad?" Christina asked, leaning against Hope's seat.

"It's at her school..." Scott hesitated afterwards, having a sorrowful expression.

"Ha," she huffed, "Great."

          "WHENEVER YOU go back to school, isn't everything supposed to look much smaller?" Scott asked as he and Christina flew down one of the elementary hallways. "This place seems huge—ah!"

Christina turned in time to watch Scott suddenly grow a few inches taller than ant-size.

"What is it?" Hank asked.

"It's the new regulator." Hope quickly answered after. Christina could hear the frown on her face.

"Hank, what's going on with this suit?" Scott asked in a panic, hitting his belt button, but had no change to his size. "How much of a work-in-progress is this?"

"Aw, you look about the size of a ten year-old." Christina joked, flying down to Scott's eye level.

Scott gave a short growl of annoyance, swatting gently at Chris until she backed away from him. She laughed, giving him a few feet of space.

Suddenly, the bell rang, signalling the end of class. Chris' laughing stopped and Scott ran to the nearest door; which happened to be the janitor's closet. He jumped at the door, grabbing the handle before giving it a twist. The two quickly slipped inside.

"Come on," Scott groaned, continuing to hit his regulator belt. After a few smacks, he suddenly grew too big; having his head harshly connect with the ceiling. The foam ceiling tiles lifted as his helmet pushed them up. He tried moving his hand, but it was stuck behind his head.

Christina gasped before bursting out laughing. Her hands came up, covering the bottom half of her mask.

Scott's own helmet folded back and he glared at her. "What are you, laughing?" His glare vanished and he rolled his eyes. "Please, could you just...?"

"Okay, okay, hold on," She sighed in satisfaction before returning to her own normal size. Grabbing his thigh, she hoisted herself up so she was lying across it.

Opening the regulator, Christina suddenly sighed in disappointment.

"Christina, what do you see?" Hank asked in her ear. Her finger poked at the two silver coils inside it.

"It seems the sizing coils are broken, or malfunctioning." She shook her head, "Scott, this may hurt—" When she twisted one of the coils, it sparked, causing Scott's abdomen to clench.

"Ow!" He hissed.

Her hand flinched away and she slowly peaked up at him. "Sorry,"

He nodded, pursing his lips. "It's all right."

She flipped down the function panel, switching off all the buttons and shutting it off. "Here, try that."

The suit's mask flipped on before Scott shrunk down. While he fell on his back, Christina quickly shrunk to avoid injury. Scott stood with a wobble, flipping off his mask. Christina grew suddenly with a jump.

The two breathed out in unison as they stood closely, face to face. She could feel his breath against her face. Her eyes moved rapidly from one to another. Before she could smile at him, he shook his head, "Sorry—"

Scott then shrunk down again, back to his size before; almost the size of Cassie.

He patted around his suit, trying out the buttons on his gloves; but to no avail. "Awesome," Scott spat with even more annoyance.

Christina smirked, bending down and placing her hands on her knees. "If only Cap could see you now...I bet he'd be really proud."

"Hilarious, Chris. Really. What are we gonna do now?" Scott stopped when he noticed the 'Lost and Found' box behind her.

She shrugged. "That could work..."

          SCOTT SLOWLY opened the closet door, peaking around for anyone else who would be present. When all was clear, he pushed it open and walked out, with Chris hovering over his shoulder.

"Hey, where's your hall pass?"

Scott froze in place. Christina laughed quietly, "That's not gonna work, he can still see you."

"Hey, I'm talking to you." The teacher pushed before Scott took off in a sprint. He rounded the corner, running down the next hallway. Scott peered back and forth until he saw Cassie's homeroom. Opening this door, the pair slipped in.

Scott pulled off his hood, quickly making his way to the back of the class where the cubbies were. Craning his head, he saw Cassie's pink backpack.

He jumped for it, being too short to reach it. He sighed, looking at Christina. "A little help?"

"You almost got it, come on, Scott." Hope teased with a chuckle. Scott sighed, giving Chris a pleading gaze.

Christina laughed at him too before returning to normal size and pulling out the bag. Handing it to Scott, she watched him unzip it. He took out a small trophy (although it was large in his hands), and smiled down at it.

She noticed the words 'World's Greatest Grandma' inscribed on the gold plate. Although she was confused about the context, she didn't question it.

Scott popped off the bottom, taking out the Antman suit that was taped underneath. Christina grabbed it from him, putting it in a small pocket on her belt.

The bell rang and the two glanced towards the door. Christina returned the bag to its cubby before the two exited the school unseen.

          WHILE CHRISTINA got down the stairs and into the van with ease, she enjoyed watching Scott struggle to do such things. She grew to normal height and seated herself on the bench. Scott jumped in after her, having to climb on.

Hope turned around, watching as well with a smirk.

"Hiya champ, how was school today?" Hank teased as Scott sit down.

"Ha, ha, ha," Scott mocked back. "All right, get your jokes out now. Can you fix the suit?"

"Aw, someone's a little cranky." Christina pouted her lip at him.

"So cranky," Hope repeated to herself, nodding once.

"You want a juice box and some string cheese?" Hank continued, starting up the van and driving off.

Scott's face blanked in curiosity. "Do you really have that?"

          "LET'S SEE if Foster was right," Hank said after they parked on the side of the road. He took out the suit's regulator, hooking it up to his computer.

The four waiting in silence before the computer beeped, with the words SIGNAL DETECTED on it. After, a map flashed, showing a triangle of the location. "That must be the lab."

Hank looked at Christina before at his daughter. She smiled at him, "Let's go get it."

sorry for the shorter chapter!! xx