five

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

"GUYS, IT'S not a good idea to be out in the open like this," Scott whispered as they walked through the entrance of a university campus. They all wore baseball caps and dark sunglasses.

Hank shrugged. "Relax, no one's gonna recognize us."

"Yeah, really seems like a baseball cap and sunglasses are the new Superman disguise," Christina commented, scoffing.

"We look like ourselves at a baseball game," Scott quickly added afterwards.

"IN AN isolated system, particles co-exist in a stable phase relationship. If the system is interfered with, that stability becomes chaos." Bill lectured to a roomful of students. There were multiple figures and graphs projected behind him on a screen. "Unpredictable. Dangerous. Beautiful."

"Isolated completely, a quantum system would revert back to separate states of matter. Each entangled with a distinct state of its environment." The three adults entered the classroom, standing at the very back.

Bill noticed them, focusing his eyes on Hank. He paused before quickly covering it up with a smile. "In other words...The object in question would be both in and out of phase with multiple parallel realities."

He moved back to his podium. "Speaking of being out of phase with reality... I am noticing an unusually high number of glazed eyes out there among you." The students laughed, "So, why don't we call it a few minutes early. That will be enough for today, thank you, ladies and gentlemen. You may go."

"IT'S AMAZING. You're linked to Janet." Bill observed, staring right at Scott. Scott sat awkwardly in Bill's office, not knowing how to react. He fidgeted with his sunglasses in his lap. "It's quantum entanglement between the quantum states of Posner molecules in your brains."

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Do you guys just put the word quantum in front of everything?"

Before Bill had time to react, Hope leaned forward in her chair. "Doctor, we need to find our lab."

"Hope, I'd love to help you but I don't have anything like the equipment you're describing."

"I told you this was a waste of time." Hank quickly said after. "Come on, let's go."

"Don't condescend, Hank." Bill shot back at the man. "You're the one who's on the run from the FBI. All because you had to grow to a size that finally fit your ego."

"Uh, actually—" Christina attempted to butt in, but Hank cut her off.

"That wasn't me in Germany. It was this idiot."

"Really?" Bill questioned, eyeing him. Scott pursed his lips, confirming it. Bill leaned forward on his desk with interset. "Going that big must have been exhausting."

"I slept for three days straight. You have no idea."

"Actually, I do." Christina narrowed her eyes in question at Bill's words. He picked up on this, glancing at her. "Back in the day, I was Hank's partner on a project called Goliath."

"Excuse me? You were my partner?"

"The only thing more tiring than going that big is putting up with Hank's bullshit."

"Right—" Scott smiled before the two shared a quick laugh. When Scott looked up at Hank, he received a harsh stare, causing him to stop immediately. Scott cleared his throat, "How big did you get?"