twelve

I grab a donut from the box and jump onto Peter's bed

I grab a donut from the box and jump onto Peter's bed. He looks up at me and rolls his eyes. Currently we were at his house 'planning' for the beach party. In reality, all we've done is hang out and eat snacks.

"Are we going to plan?" I ask, mouth-full of donuts.

Peter nods but he does not answer. I snatch his phone out of his hands and put it in my pocket. He gets up and reaches for it, "You do not want to put your hand in there."

He retreats and sits back down on the bed in front of me. "Not fair."

I try not to beam at him but I missed him a lot. It was odd, we were even closer now after the fight. For the short period of time that I knew Peter, we've had a surprisingly large amount of fights. I guess both our personalities and egos were too big for each other. The bickering made me happy, though.

"Can we begin now?"

He groans, "Fine."

I point my finger at him. "This was your idea."

He pushes my finger away and acknowledges that I'm right. Then we begin to plan.

                     ❀

Peter and I, after hours of fighting, finally made a plan. It was the saddest plan that this world has ever seen, but it was fun just hanging out with Peter. I stayed for dinner- his mom insisted- and he offered to drive me home. I agreed, and here we are.

"Why did it take three hours to come up with a shitty plan like this?" I shake my head.

Peter stops at a red light and leans back into his chair. "It's not that shitty. Let's go over it again, yeah?"

First step of the plan is getting to the beach party, of course. We would go separately so that no one would get suspicious,

"But why would anyone get suspicious? It's not like we're going to bomb something." I asked, facing him in my seat.

"Just continue listing please." He acted like everything he did was going to be broadcasted and put out on every social media website, it was annoying.

The second step is waiting for Lara Jean to leave and go somewhere with Josh. Then Peter would signal me since he's going to be with Lara Jean the whole time.

"What's the signal, again?"

"Bird noises."

My nose scrunches, "You're going to openly make bird noises? In public?"

"Yes." He says all too confidently. The thought makes me chuckle.

The third step is hiding. We would go over to where Lara Jean and Josh would apparently be 'flirting.' Then Peter would know for sure and confront them right then and there.

I knew that this plan was not going to work. I was almost completely sure that Lara Jean won't even look Josh's way at this party. But Peter was stubborn and there was nothing I could do about it. He's worrying over nothing, Lara Jean is so in love with him. It's insane to think otherwise, but he was insecure.

"So say Lara Jean and Josh are flirting," I say, "what exactly will you do?"

"Confront them." He stops in front of my house, unbuckles, and turns towards me.

"As in?" Peter lays his legs across the middle of the car and rests his feet on my lap.

"I'll probably start a fight." He shrugs.

I slap his feet, making him yelp. He gives me a 'what the fuck' look. "That's not the right mindset, Kavinsky."

He raises his eyebrows and smirks, leaning forwards. "Then what is, O'Connor?"

"Not that." I shove his feet off my lap and rearrange myself. "Peter, let's be real."

"I am." He says, rearranging himself in the same position as me. We were face to face now."

"Even if they are spending too much time with each other, even if they go to each other's houses, even if they are flirting with each other. . . aren't we doing the same thing?"

Peter shakes his head, "It's not the same thing.

"But isn't it?"

I get out the car when he doesn't answer. I wave at him but he is simply staring at me. When I go inside, I hear his truck drive away.

Well, tomorrow is going to be interesting.

a/n: im SO sorry! i haven't updated in two days ): school is coming soon and im stressed out but i promise i'll be better with the updates. something is coming, folks ;)