seventeen

The next morning I woke up and Peter was still cuddling me

The next morning I woke up and Peter was still cuddling me. I swiftly and quietly get away from his hold and run towards my room. I collapse on the bed and sigh. His words replayed in my brain; Why won't you let me be with you.

I could hear everyone talking from outside, meaning breakfast was almost over. I quickly change into a jacket and leggings. I pull on Uggs and put my hair into a ponytail as I race down the stairs.

I run into the cafeteria to make sure that there was food left. I grabbed a plate and get in line for food. When I finally get my food I look around me– everyone was sitting with their friend group and chatting away. Summer wasn't here.

I spotted an empty table to the far right and walked over there. I sat down and sighed, beginning to eat. This was turning out to be the worst trip in the history of trips. I was quite pathetic, wasn't I?

I see Peter walk into the cafeteria in his pajamas, rubbing his eyes. He grabs a plate of food and, like me, looks around. I duck my head down, hoping he doesn't see me and confronts me about the same thing he did last night.

Soon after, a plate crashes down in front of me and Peter slumps into the seat in front of me. I look up to him and chuckle. He aggressively stabs his eggs with a fork and shoves it into his mouth. Well, he isn't happy.

He takes a sip of his black coffee and rubs his face. I stare at him whilst all of this is happening, watching him wake up and get some personality in him. I guess he doesn't always work his Kavinsky magic.

"Morning." I say, taking a bite out of my toast.

He takes another sip of his black coffee and groans. I laugh at this bleak Peter Kavinsky, does he normally have zero energy in the morning? I would've thought he'd be a morning person. Well, then again, he always come to my house at the crack of dawn.

"You left my room." He acknowledges.

I gulp, "That I did."

He looks me up and down like he's sizing me up. "You look good."

Does Peter not know how to do anything in the morning? Even if the sentence was said in a monotone voice, I still smile at him. "Can't say the same for you, Kavinsky."

"Ah, screw you O'Connor." There's the Kavinsky I know.

                                        ❀

I shiver in the freezing cold, clutching on to my bubble jacket. Peter turns around and sees me shivering. He jogs over to me as fast as he could since he was in ski boots. He grabs me and pulls me close to his side, running his glove-covered hand up and down my arm.

I fall into his sweet touch until I catch Lara Jean staring at us. I look into her eyes and she's sad, I can tell. I still don't understand why she's acting like this if she cheated on Peter. Either way, I feel a huge lump in my throat.

I swat Peter's hand off my arm, causing him to give me a confused expression. I ignore his cute, red-nosed, scrunched up face and look away. I glance down the hill and pout.

"Do I have to do this?" I sigh.

Peter nods, "Yes."

I punch his strong jacket, "You suck. I don't know how to ski."

"I said I'll teach you, didn't I?" Peter grabs me away from the hill.

"Mmkay, so," He speaks but I quickly tune him out and glance around me mindlessly.

He notices that I'm not paying attention, so he shoves my shoulder. I gasp and fall down, but he quickly catches me and brings me back up. I grimace, "This sucks ass."

"God, how am I going to work with you?" He sounds frustrated but he's grinning at me, like a psychopath.

He puts his arms around me and embraces me in a hug. I try to escape his hold but he's grabbing me too tightly. I glance around me with the small peripheral vision that I have left. People are beginning to stare.

"Let me go, Kavinsky."

"I'm good." He mumbles against the top of my head.

Although I was feeling extremely uncomfortable at the eyes staring at me, his embrace was warm and welcoming. I wanted to melt into his arms and stay here forever. But then again, I would rather jump down the hill. Why do I feel such strong emotions against and for this boy?

"Kavinsky." I sneer.

"Don't call me that." He mumbles softly again.

I knee his thighs and he finally lets me go, instantly grabbing the injured leg. I chuckle at his surprising weakness, and watch all the eyes turn away.

"I'm going to go inside." I say.

"Dylan, I'm going to teach you, I promise. Please." He begs, but I ignore him and walk inside the cabin.

He'll have to do it himself again. His fault for embarrassing me in public.

a/n: small update i know i'm sorry ): but i've been so busy. ALSO WTF IM RECEIVING SO MUCH LOVE ITS OVERWHELMING THANK YOU I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!