twenty

"Watch your step guys

"Watch your step guys." The bus driver said, pointing at the steep stairs at the entrance of the bus.

I slowly make my way down the steps, trying not to fall down and make a fool of myself. When I reached the ground I quickly made my way to the side of the bus to gather my suitcase and other packed things. As I try to find my suitcase an unwanted someone pops up beside me with my bag in his hand.

"Dyl, can we talk?"

I snatch my bag out of his hands, sending a glare his way. He stubbornly lets go of it, knowing that once I get what I want I would flee. And he was completely correct.

I should probably explain what happened up to this very moment. It was quite dramatic and, well, I've had enough of the dramatics for one lifetime so I'll make it short and bitter.

Peter explained that he invited her over so they could talk. He said something about closure or some shit like that. I got that, I really did, but did he have to do it right after our little... episode?

Does that mean that he was thinking about Lara Jean the whole entire time? Was he talking about her when he said 'too familiar'? The thought made my skin crawl.

Anyways, I was too angry - and rightfully so - that I didn't even want to be near him. I tried to walk away but he had me trapped in his arms. It was awkward fighting right infront of Lara Jean, who kind of just stood there watching.

She tried to apologize to me and explain that it was really nothing but it was only making me more furious. Eventually, people began coming out of their rooms at the noise we were making.

Peter didn't want to 'make a scene' so he let me go and I ran back to my room. There I thought long and hard about the situation, and I came to a conclusion. I would completely ignore everything and anything that would have to do with Peter Kavisnky, including Peter Kavinsky.

So, back to reality -

"Leave me alone, Kavinsky." I snapped, walking away from him.

But of course, he always followed. He caught up with me and tried to reason as the both of us speed-walked.

"C'mon, Dyl. I was just talking to her that's all." He said.

"It's not just that," I stopped for emphasis, "You said those words to me in front of Lara Jean, knowing that she still loves you. Even though she cheated on you, that's just cruel. Also, what did you expect? After we confessed we'd just have sex in front of her?"

"We were gonna have sex?" He questioned with a smirk.

"You're disgusting." I whip around and walk away from him, this time he didn't follow as he saw my step-dad's car parked in the parking lot.

I hopped in the front of my dad's car and greeted him, trying not to look at Peter who was staring at me from a distance.

"Who's the stalker kid?" He asks, eyeing Peter.

"Just drive, Dad."

And so he did. Far, far away from Peter Kavinsky.

-

"And he said it? In front of his ex-girlfriend? That's cold." Summer says over the phone, and I could hear her shaking her head.

"I know." I let out a sigh of relief, happy to hear that someone agrees with me.

"Didn't I tell you that Cody is your soul mate? I mean, the advice that he gave you? Even when he's in love with you? That takes major balls." She says all of this way too fast.

"Whoa, what? Who said anything about soul mates?"

"I'm just saying. . ." Summer drifts off, making me roll my eyes.

Even though that's completely insane - soulmates - maybe I did fall for the wrong guy. Well, I got it right all of these years. He was just a little late to the party. But that doesn't mean I still don't have feelings for Cody. I can get them back, right? Just like old times. I can try, at least.

"Maybe you're right."

Getting Over Peter Kavinsky Step 1: Fall Back In Love With Cody.

-

a/n: i'm so so so so SO sorry that you guys had to wait this long and for only a short update. i just got my phone repaired but it's going crazy and glitching out. it's difficult to even type on it let alone write a chapter. i'm writing this on my laptop so i'm sorry if it looks weird because i've never written a chapter on a pc before. but in other news; this book has gotten so much love! like,,, how? thank you for reading and voting and commenting on this shitty book. it means the world to me, i love you all. <3