•prologue•

Alyssa Karmin was an amazing and talented young girl. She was very pretty and smart, but no one said that. No one ever told her that. She was alone. She only had her friends, no one actually liked her besides her friends.

One time at the beginning of 5th grade for her, there was a new student. Shawn Carter. He was blonde and tall, but not very attractive. He always hung out with this guy named Clarence. Clarence had behavioral issues, and so did Shawn. But that couldn't stop Alyssa from wanting to date Shawn, but was too scared to ever ask him.

One day, there was a Valentine's Day party and Shawn had asked Alyssa out by asking if she could be his Valentine. In turn she said yes, and that's how their relationship started.

Shawn eventually moved into her neighborhood over 5th grade summer without Alyssa knowing (because they didn't know she lived there) until she saw what looked like his younger sister riding her bike. She stopped at Alyssa's driveway and asked,
"Are you Shawn's girlfriend?"
"Yeah, are you his sister?" Alyssa replied.
"Yeah, I was just riding my bike to catch up with the boys, we're playing Pokémon Go but I can't get it, not enough space, so I'm just following because I'm bored. He met a lot of guys in the neighborhood. I didn't know you lived here, though. That's cool" Eliza replied.

    They soon exchanged addresses, then went to each other's houses, playing games, swimming in Alyssa's pool, playing at the neighborhood park, all that fun stuff. Alyssa and Shawn would play Alyssa's Xbox together, and sometimes Eliza would too. They'd all watch movies together, but sometimes it was just Alyssa and Eliza. It was mostly Shawn and Alyssa, though.

    Life was great, until 6th grade happened, and that's when Alyssa's life went down a downward spiral...