Chapter Six

{A.N. Sorry for doing this beforehand, but just read through the story, I had a nagging feeling there were some major woopsies. Guess what? There were. First, the beta for the Red Claw pack and Damon's bestie. In the first chapter, his name his John, after his name is Brian. Giant facepalm. So from here on out, he will be Brian. I will go back and fix it. Two, I mentioned Victoria is 5'3" in chapter 1, then she magically grew 3 inches in chapter 5. Duh! So, I will change it in the first chapter, I have granted her the magical inches. She will be 5'6". And last, the inner dialogue between the person and their wolves should be italicized, its not showing up on wattpad. Grrr. So from here on out, when the wolf speaks it will look like this

~I heard that~ Confusing? I hope not and I apologize for the long note and all my writing booboos.}

*Chapter Six*

*Unedited*

*Victoria P.O.V*

I'm just buzzing with questions for these people, wolves, whatever. I mean I know only what my mother has told me. We're pretty hard to kill and turn into a wolf. That's it! That's all I know. How can we die? Are we immortal? Snow was unusually quiet and I let her be. She must trust in these people or else she wouldn't be quiet, she would be freaking out or taking over. All I got from Snow is a purring sound. I looked over at the man in front of me, trying to get a feel for him. He looked dangerous, all dark and brooding. Damon, a perfect name for him. It meant demon and he looked the part.

~Yeah, a sex demon.~

"Sshh, Snow! We are married!" I yelled in my head. Snow gave a snort and continued purring at him. Jeez!

I looked in Damon's eyes and felt a connection, but pushed it away. I looked and saw something surprising. There was a fierceness, which didn't surprise me, but there was also a softness there. Kind and loving, with a sadness there. That was surprising and it made my heart literally hurt to see it. I looked away, blinking away the tears in my eyes. Stop this, Victoria! I yelled at myself. You are married, you love Michael. I blamed Snow.

"So, what do we call ourselves? I mean do we say werewolves?" I asked him, quickly trying to get on task.

"Weres." He answered. He smiled. "Then we can differentiate between which were we are." He finished. I stored the knowledge away, and on we went. I learned that as were's we weren't able to change humans unless they carried the gene. So bye bye to that myth. I learned that once a were shifts for the first time, they have a spirit guardian, usually representing their animal. I kind of knew that already, but I'm glad it was confirmed. I mean noone wants to think they're crazy. I learned that wolves heal rapidly, but silver will make us heal human slow. We could live a little longer than humans, with an average life span of 150 years. What? Though, fire and decapitation could kill us just as quick as a human. The knowledge that I may outlive my children, truly made me depressed. Who would want that? I looked at my little Alyssa, maybe they could be turned as they carry the gene through me right? I gave myself a mental slap at the idea. I can see it now, talking to my grown children. "Could I maybe bite and maul you so that you can go through an even more painful first transformation? You'll get to live a little longer and talk to yourself in your head!" Sure, that should go over well.

"Brian called me a Luna, is that some secret were language I need to learn?" I asked him a little warily. I suck at learning languages, two years of high school spanish proved that.

"No, Luna is a title." He laughed. Wow. He looks good when he smiled. He even has dimples!

"Good. So there are titles?" I asked, immensely relieved by that.