Chapter Twenty-Two

*Chapter Twenty-Two*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

The pain was gone. That was the first thing I thought as I came to. The heat was gone. I felt amazing. Snow was purring like a kitten passed out in my head. The heavy weight of an arm shifting at my waist caused me to open my eyes. A panic began to swell inside at the strange surroundings. This was not my room! The familiar smell of Damon was everywhere, and it calmed me.

The room was dark, but I could make out the grey walls, the black baseboards. Maroon curtains hung over windows, and by the fact there was no light, I had slept the day away. Or should I say we. We slept the day away. Just like that the memories of last night, yesterday, replayed in my head. The hard and fast way we had come together that first time. The beautiful and sweet way we had came together the next.

My hand reached up and rubbed at the tender spot on my neck where he had marked me, and his sweet words came again. They were almost like vows. Beautiful and sacred. Maybe they were. Snow had seemed to know exactly what to say. Question of the day. What was Michael going to say? He had given the "green light" so to speak, but when the reality of his decision hits, what will he do?

Needing to see my babies, as well as relieve the pressure in my bladder, I tried my best to slide out from the bed without disturbing Damon. I made it out with just a gruff from Damon, my pillow shoved against him shut him up and sent him back to sleep. Good. I felt like a girl trying to sneak away from a mistake.

I know this wasn't a mistake, it was amazing and precious, and just perfect; I just don't know how I was going to act around him. Yes, we have been "dating" I guess. Last night, while all those glowing words, changed everything. We were now a mated pair. I literally felt something between us, like taffy. Stretching and pulling me back to bed, but when nature screams you answer.

I did my "business" as quietly as I could, barely letting the water leave the tap as I washed up. Looking in the mirror, that was a true test of quiet. I wanted to yell at the monster staring back at me! My hair, already a nemesis of mine with all the curl, was in some places sticking out and in others squished flat. Frizz dominating the curl 3:1. Dried slobber, mixed with something pink, covering half my face. I don't even want to know what my breath smelled like! It felt like a small animal crawled in there and died! Oh goodness! He could have seen me like that! I grabbed my hair and pulled it roughly here and there, knotting it together in a bun of sorts. There's one problem. Once again letting the water trickle out of the tap, I splashed and scrubbed my face till it was as clean as I could get it. Toothpaste on my finger, and a several swipes of my improvised toothbrush took care of the worst of the smell. Need a shower, a real wash and some oral care stat. At least I won't turn the poor man to stone if I see him before then.

I peeked out the bathroom door, to see him still laying still. Here was my chance! I snagged a shirt off the floor, and pulled it on. Not great, but it will do until I can make it to my room. At least all the important bits were covered. I tiptoed to the door, probably looking like a cartoon. Subtlety and grace were never my strong points.

"And just where are you sneaking off to, mate?" A dark voice stopped me with a hand on the door knob. Drat! Foiled again! I turned around, a smile already on my face. The smile turned real at the sight of him all tousled, and sexy, and sleepy eyed...I shook myself free. Irritated at the unfairness of it all. I look like a zombie bride and he looks perfect! Men have it so easy.

"Back to my room. I need to clean up and check on the kids. Plus, I'm hungry." I rushed it out. I didn't want him to think I was avoiding him, I wasn't. Promise. His eyes unfocused for second, the a smile blossomed. A huge grin that split his face. Talk about a turn around. First, suspicious, then goofy happy.