Chapter 1: My Name Is Connor, I'm The Android Sent By CyberLife

Nov 5th 2038 

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

You groan in frustration as your alarm wakes you up. Just five more minutes....You thought as the alarms keeps going. You turn over in your bed and shut the alarm off and see that it is sometime past nine in the morning. "Ugh...better late than never." You mutter to yourself as you slowly get up from bed.

As you get up from your bed and go to your dresser to dig up some clothes, your phone goes off. You turn back towards your bed to the sidetable by the bed and pushed the answer button. "Hello, (y/n) speaking." You answered as you try to hide the sleep in your voice.

"Good morning, Detective (l/n)." A familiar voice speaks. "Hey, Jeffery. What's up?" You asked as you rub your eyes. "I'm letting you know that you and Hank are assigned to deal with any cases involving androids." Fowler replied to you.

"So...it's gotten that bad, huh?" You asked.

"Yes, it has. CyberLife just informed me that they are sending an android to assist you and Hank." He said. 

You slightly cringe at this and said. "Oooh....are you sure about that, Jeffery? You know how Hank feels about androids."

"I know. I know. But unfortunately we have no choice. So I'm hoping you will keep Hank in check and make sure he doesn't tear the thing apart." Fowler said and you let out a breathless laugh. "I'll do my best, Captain." You said. "Thank you, (y/n). I knew I could count on you." Fowler said with relief.

"No problem. So, CyberLife is starting to make detective androids now?" You asked as you put your phone on speaker and began to change clothes. "Yes, they say this one is a prototype." He replied as you chuckle once you finished putting on pants and a white button up dress shirt.

"Man, what will they think of next?" You said, sarcastically. "When is the android suppose to arrive?"

"Sometime this afternoon....maybe in the evening. So you better get your ass here." Fowler said. "Aye, aye, Captain." You replied. "I'll be there as soon as I can. I just have to do something real quick and I should be at the station."

"Good. I'll see you when you get here." said Fowler. "See ya." You replied. You end the call and began to finish up your outfit with black shoes and a dark blue jacket. You place your phone in your pocket then grabbed your gun holster and looped it around your waist.

After freshening up, you walk out of your home and hailed a taxi to head over to an old friend's house before heading to work.

The taxi pulls up to the very familiar large brick, very rustic, looking building. You smile as you step out of the taxi and made your way up to the door. "Alarm deactivated. Welcome, Miss (l/n)." The automated voice greets as the front door opens. You walked through the door when Carl's android, Markus, comes through the door at the end of the hallway.

"Good morning, Miss (l/n)." He greets as he walks up to you. "Hello, Markus." You said with a smile. Which suddenly faded once you saw that part of Markus's shirt was torn.

"Markus, what happened to you?" You asked with concern.
He looks down at his shirt then looks back up to you and said. "It's nothing..."

"Was it those damn protesters?" You asked. He doesn't reply and you took that for a yes. "They didn't harm you, did they?" You asked. "No, no, I was just pushed around. That's all." Markus replied. You grimace at this. 

You hated those people protesting about androids. Honestly, you didn't mind them. You were raised by the term treat others as you would want to be treated. Yes, they were androids and made of wires and plastic but they looked like humans and sounded like humans, so to you....they were just as human as any other normal humans. And if that made you a fool then so be it. You didn't care.