Chapter 2: I AM ALIVE

Hank drives his car up to the house, where there were not only cops but tons of citizens and news people surrounding the place. You, from the backseat, look out of the window in shock; the flashing blue and red lights hitting your eyes. Hank turns the car off then turns to Connor and said. "You wait here. We won't be long." Then he gets out of the car and moves his seat so you could get out.

"Whatever you say, Lieutenant." Connor replied. As you get out of the car, Hank looks over at Connor then mutters. "Fucking-A, whatever I say...." then he shuts the door and the two of you walk towards the house while all the news crew shout questions at you two.

Conflicting Order
Selecting Priority 

Connor sits for a moment before he opens the door of the car and follows you and Hank. He comes up to the Do Not Cross hologram tape when an officer stops him. "Androids are not permitted beyond this point." The officer said. You and Hank turn and see that he was talking to Connor.

"It's with us." Hank said before you could respond. "Hank." You muttered under your breath as the officer let Connor through. "What part of stay in the car didn't you understand?" Hank asked Connor. "Your order contradicted my instructions, Lieutenant." Connor replied to him. "You don't talk, you don't touch anything and you stay outta our way, got it?" Hank ordered. "Got it."  said Connor. 

"Evening, Hank and (y/n)." An officer said as he walks out of the house. "We were starting to think you were gonna show up, Hank..."

"Yeah, that was the plan until (y/n) and this asshole found me." Hank said as he points at Connor. "So...you two got yourselves an android, huh?" The officer asked. "Oh, very funny. Just tell us what happened." Hank said, sarcastically, as he and the officer walks inside of the building. You and Connor glance at each other as you shrug and walk inside, Connor not far behind you.

"We had a call around eight from the landlord, the tenant hadn't paid his rent for a few months. So he thought he'd drop by, see what is going on....That's when he found the body..." the officer informed and that's when a wall of the stench of rotten flesh hits you.

"Jeez, that smell!" You exclaimed in disgust as you three walk in and see a few other officers walking around while right there in the living room was the decaying body of the victim. Over the body was a note writing in blood:

I Am Alive

What the hell does that mean? You thought as the officer said. "Was even worse before we opened the windows." Hank made a noise of disgust as the officer continues. "The victim's name's Carlos Ortiz. He has a record of theft and aggravated assault....According to his neighbors, he was kind of a loner. Stayed inside most of the time, they hardly ever saw him." 

You and Hank kneel down to the body, which you took noticed had multiple stab wounds in his chest.

"Uh, state he's in....Worth calling everybody out in the middle of the night...Could've waited 'til morning." Hank said to the officer. "I'd say he's been there for a good three weeks. We'll know more when the coroner gets here. There's a kitchen knife over here...." said the officer as he points over to a bloody knife just a few feet behind you and to your left. "....probably the murder weapon."

"Any sign of a break-in?" You asked.

"Nope...the landlord said the front door was locked from the inside, all the windows were boarded up. The killer must've gone out the back way." said the officer as he hands Hank a handheld scanner. Hank begins to scan the dead body as you asked. "What do we know about his android?"