Chapter 7: Public Enemy

Nov 8th, 2038

Connor opens his eye to find himself back in the zen garden. It was sunset and there seemed to be calm and peaceful air to it as Connor walks around the garden and found Amanda sitting in a boat. "Hello, Connor." She said as he approaches her. "I thought you might enjoy a little cruise..."

Connor boards the boat and sits right across Amanda. He pushes on the edge of the platform to move the boat away then grabs the oars and begins to row the boat. "I love this place....Everything is so calm and peaceful....far from the noise of the world..." Amanda remarks as she looks around the garden before she turns her attention to Connor.

"Tell me, what have you discovered?" She asked him. "I found two deviants at the Eden Club...I hoped to learn something but...they managed to escape..." Connor replied, nervously, as he fidgets with his fingers. "That's too bad...you seemed so close to stopping them." Amanda replied, disappointed.

Amanda Status: Trusted but decreased 

"You seem...lost, Connor. Lost and perturbed..." Amanda said as she watches Connor's expression. "I thought I knew what I had to do...but now I realize it's not that simple..." Connor replied, sincerely.

Amanda Status: Trusted but decreased 

"You had your gun trained on those deviants at the Eden Club. Why didn't you shoot?" Amanda asked as Connor looks down at his feet. "I don't know..." Connor replied, truthfully. 

Amanda Status: Decreased to Neutral

"I don't know." Connor said again. "If your investigation doesn't make progress soon, I may have to replace you, Connor..." Amanda replied to him, a hint of anger in her voice. "I know I will succeed. All I need is time." Connor replied, confidently.

Amanda Status: Neutral but rising 

The boat floated across the little pond and back towards the little platform while Amanda looks around the air, suspiciously. "Something's happening...Something serious." She said then she stares at Connor and said. "Hurry, Connor. Time is running out." Connor nods as the boat stopped next to the platform. Connor stands up and gets out of the boat. He starts to walk away when Amanda says. "Connor...." he turns to face her as she turns and glares at him. "Don't let the girl come between you and your mission."

You, Hank and Connor were standing in the elevator of Stratford Tower while Connor was spinning his coin on the tip of his fingers. You watch him do this trick which you had to admit was pretty cool. He let's the coin roll on his finger before he grabs it then tosses to his other hand but Hank grabs it out of Connor's hand.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." Hank growls, irritated. "Sorry, Lieutenant." Connor mutters as you cross your arms. "Party pooper." You grumbled as the elevator door opens to reveal a black and yellow hallway with alot of officers roaming around.

"Hi Hank and (y/n)." Chris greets as you three walk out of the elevator. "Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank asked, sarcastically. "Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in....Even the FBI wants a piece of the action..." Chris replied. 

"Ah God, now we got the Feds on our back....I knew this was gonna be a shitty day..." Hank mutters. "So what do we got?" You asked Chris as all of you begin to walk along the hallway and head towards the broadcast room. "A group of four androids...They knew the building, and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed." Chris replied.