Chapter 12: We Are Free

The lone taxi drives along the long bridge that lead to the CyberLife gate. It slows down and stops in front of the gate as a guard walks up to the car. The window rolls down to reveal Connor sitting inside. "Connor model #313 248 317. I'm expected." He informed the guard as he turns his head.

The guard scans his LED for a moment before an automated voice said. "Identification successful." 
"Okay..." the guard said as he backs up. "Go ahead." He signals and the gate sinks down into the pavement and the taxi drives forward towards a very tall building that was looming in the distance.

The taxi pulls up to the building where Connor was greeted by a couple of guards, standing by the entrance. He steps out of the taxi and walks past them and towards the entrance where there were three more guards waiting for him. "Follow me. We'll escort you." The guard, that was standing in the middle, said.

"Thanks...but I know where to go." Connor replied to him. "Maybe but I have my orders." The guard said and he begins to walk ahead. Connor, reluctantly, followed him as two other guards follow behind Connor. The four walk up to an archway where they were scanned.

Agent 23 identified 

Connor android identified 

Agent 47 identified 

Agent 72 identified 

Scan complete 

Connor and the three guards walk deeper into CyberLife as they come up to a very large statue in the middle. Connor looks around his surroundings as the guards lead him to an elevator, which had androids on either side of the walkway.

Connor enters the elevator and the two guards enter after him. "Agent 54. Level 31." The guard said to the floor level panel, next to the door.

Voice recognition validated

Access authorized

Connor looks to his right and sees the CyberLife Tower Directory and noticed that the warehouse, which is where he needed to go, was on level 49. As the elevator goes up, Connor begins to preconstruct the scene before him. He decided if he attacked the guard on his left then kicked the second guard in the chest and grabbed the first guard's gun, it should work.

And with that Connor executes the plan.

He lunged at the guard on the left by kneeing him in the chest. The second guard goes after him but Connor kicks his leg out and kicks the second guard. Then he kicks the first guards knee, making him fall.

The second guard pulls out his gun but Connor knocks the gun out of his hand and punches him. The first guard jumps on Connor and tries to pull him down as the second guard starts to get up but Connor picks up his leg as high as he could and kicks him.

Connor walks backwards and slams the guard into the wall then elbows him in the side. He grabs the gun in the guard's hand, spins around and aims the gun at the guard's head and shoots him. The guard's body falls and Connor falls to his side as he aims his gun at the second guard and shoots him in the head as well.

He looks around to make sure they were dead as he stands up. Connor walks over to the panel and places his hand on it. 

Please indicate your identity and destination.

"Agent 54. Level 49." Connor said in Agent 54's voice. 

Voice recognition validated.

Access authorized

And then the elevator starts to go down.

As the elevator descends to level 49, five guards start running up to the elevator doors. Their guns trained on the door. Confused by this, Connor looks up and saw that he forgot about the camera in the corner. "Shit!" He grumbles as he goes and grabs one of the guard's dead body and holds it up as a shield as he readies the gun.