Mixed Feelings

After a really long night, you wake up and look at the clock. "6:45 A.M." You groan, and let yourself fall backwards onto your mattress. "Honey are you up?" You hear your mother's voice from the other side of the door. You sigh, and get up, grabbing your clothes that you had set out for the day. "Yeah Mom, I'm up." You get dressed as you hear her footsteps fade away, and grab your bag, and head downstairs. 

After a quick breakfast, and a long car ride later, you arrive back at school.

Waving your mother goodbye, you head towards the doors. .. . only to find them unlocked. You look down at your phone, the time read "7:30 A.M." Huh...the school didn't open for another 30 minutes. It wasn't a hard decision, you'd rather wait inside than out, and besides if you were told otherwise you'd just say the door was unlocked. You go inside, sighing in relief at the cool air that hit your face. Looking down each hallway, not surprisingly it was empty. You shrug to yourself, and decide to head towards Baldi's classroom.  You peeked through the little window of the door, and noticed Baldi as his desk, wearing glasses and drinking from a mug that read "Math is Math." You chuckled to yourself as you read the mug, figuring that he'd have a mug like that. From what you could see, Baldi seemed to be grading papers. Taking a breath, you gently knocked on the door. He stops, looking up from his papers. He notices you and smiles, getting up and walking over to the door. Opening the door, you look up at him, giving him a shy smile and a small wave. He looks..shocked for a moment. But smiles back. "Early again are we?" He asked. "Yeah, the doors were open..so I walked in." He gave you a look you couldn't place, making you slightly self conscious. You tried to not let him know that though...with a deep breath, you quickly turned away and headed for the door. "Well, if that isn't okay I will just go wait outside. Sorry to bother you I'll  come back when class starts." However, a hand grabs your shoulder, not roughly, but with enough pressure to make you stop and turn towards him again. "It's alright. Go ahead and take a seat.I'm just grading papers,so you have nothing to worry about." You visibly relaxed. "Ok." You walked over to your desk. You just fiddled with your phone, and read a book and played your f/g (favorite game) Suddenly, you heard Baldi say something. Taking a earbud out of your ear, you look up at him, to find him staring at you. "I'm sorry sir, what was it you said?" He had a glint in his eye, "I was wondering if you were ok." Huh..that was odd. Maybe he just wanted to have small talk? "Oh! Yes I'm ok. Why?" 

"You seemed awfully red yesterday when you left." 

You tense. Oh god, is he talking about when you got into the car with your mom? Had he seen your reaction to her questioning? You didn't see how he could have... oh god oh god..play it cool. "Oh that? Oh it was nothing. It was just the heat." You say with a smile. Real smooth there Y/N. You resist the urge to bang your head on the table. He makes a "hmm."and looks down at his papers again. As you go back to reading, you don't notice the teacher walking up to your desk. You jump a little as he surprised  you, and you looked up at him. "Yes?" "So sorry I didn't mean to startle you. But class is about to start. Will you put away your phone now please?" He asked. You blush a little at this, and nod. He smirks, leaning down a little. "Thank you." You blush a little more at the closeness. He chuckles at you, and continues to stare at you with a glint in his eye. "Oh? You seem to be turning quite red again..are you alright?" He says, putting a hand on your forehead. He smiles to himself as he stares into your eyes. "Ohgodohgodohgodohgod" You mind screams to stay calm. Why are you getting flustered like this?! With a small cough you smirk back at him. "Why yes I am doing well sir, but it seems that you are the one who will be turning red." You say. "Oh really? And what makes you say that." You decide to turn the tables, and leaned in just a little closer with a small smile on your face. You get right up close to his ear, and he tenses. "I .....love.." You whisper slowly into his ear. He is utterly frozen at this point. "Math." You finish, trying to hide the grin on your face. Baldi quickly moves away from you, and coughs into his hand. "Y-Yes of course you would. Otherwise why would you be here? Heh..." He says, not looking at you. You smile at your small victory, glad that you were able to turn the tables. Baldi quickly rushes back to his desk just as your friends come into the room. Playtime sits the the table beside you, and since you decided to sit in the middle of the room, all of your friends make a wonky circle around you as class begins. Baldi doesn't look at the class as he's teaching, which makes Playtime and the others lean forward closer to you. "What's up with him?" Playtime asked. You turn to her with a smirk and shrug. "I dunno." She gives a look as though she doesn't really believe you, but seems to drop the subject. You are grinning from ear to ear as no one knows the answer as to why Baldi is acting a little..."strange". You felt a weird fuzzy feeling in your chest, but just summed it up to your giddiness about getting the upper hand. You sat back, relaxed, and listened to the lesson. 'Today has gone off beautifully.' You thought.

But you couldn't help but wonder why every time that you looked at Baldi, the fuzziness came back full force.