How Odd

Baldi waited and waited for you to come in, 'Maybe she'll be late!' He thought. Everyone else had come in already. He looked down at his watch and then back at the door...still a no show. He could feel himself feeling giddy at the thought of you finally doing something wrong.. He felt himself frown as you casually walked in, though he shook it off and smirked at you. "There you are Y/N, I was afraid you'd be late...that wouldn't be good for your record." He said. You just turned to him and gave a shy smile. "I'm sorry Mr.Baldi, I must have gotten a little lost." You said. He could tell that something was up, you weren't telling him the full story..but he let it go for now. Suddenly you averted your gaze from him, and hurried to your desk. How odd...he stared at you for a few more moments, then turned to start the lesson. 

He stared at you throughout the lesson, sometimes without realizing. You seemed to be deep in thought through some parts of the lesson, drawing notes in your notebook..writing answers. It strangely unnerved him. Why were you acting this way? As a teacher, he needed to know if you were having trouble-even if he really didn't care. He knew that you probably weren't having trouble with math, you were the smartest student he has ever had. No. It had to be something else...but what? Apparently he must have been staring again, because you paused in what you were doing, put down your pencil and looked up at him. He opened his mouth to speak, but you cut him to it. You gave him a small smile and a wink. "Thanks for explaining that Baldi." He tensed, how were you doing that?! He stopped his fluttering heart, and coughed into his hand. "Yes of course. That's what I'm here for, let me know if you have any questions." With that he turned back around, noticing the muffled laughter coming from the other students. He felt himself blush a little, due to the slight embarrassment he felt. He didn't understand as to why he was feeling this way..what you were doing to him...he didn't understand! He wanted to break his ruler in half..but that wasn't going to be possible. He turned back around, noting that the laughter had stopped. He stared at the class. 'Time for some more problems.' He thought. He handed out papers to the class. "Try solving these on your own. I will call on each of you to see who got them right...and who didn't." He said, looking to each student as he spoke. 

After a few moments, he told them to put pencils down. He first called on Playtime, who walked up to the board. She answered correctly. Next he called the kid with the grey sweater...Artie he believed his name was. He got the answer correct. Then Bully was next, he walked up ..he seemed nervous. He picked up the chalk, he answered the first and second one right...but the third he started to shake. Baldi slowly started to grab his ruler, and stopped a smile from forming on his face. "Excuse me." He heard someone say. It was you. You had your hand raised, ready to ask him a question. Baldi and Bully both stopped to turn to you, "What is it?" Baldi asked with a tense smile. "If he's having trouble, I would like to assist him." You said, catching the two off guard. "N-No! I can do it! I don't need help!" Bully exclaimed, face turning red. This was getting interesting. "Y/n, I appreciate this..even if he is having trouble at answering the question..doesn't allow assistance. This is an individual assignment." He said cooly, watching how Bully got even redder and you sighed. "Alright sir." You said after a moment. Baldi nodded, and turned his head towards the problem and the flustered student. "Please answer the question Bully." He said, causing the student to tense. Somehow, in the back of Baldi's mind, he thought about having a talk with you after class....besides he couldn't shake the feeling he got when you called him 'sir'. He had just told you to refer to him as Baldi, just as the other students did. He understood you were just being polite, but it just didn't set well with him for some reason....maybe he should talk to you after class. He'd tell you his thoughts about assignments in class...and to talk to you once more about how to speak to him..

He also wouldn't mind seeing that look on your fa-No! Baldi shook those thoughts away so fast it made his head spin. What brought that up?! You were his student!- Nothing more- to think of seeing you flustered, giving him cute smiles and the overall demeanor that you had-oh god. He felt his heart flutter-he put a hand to his chest. He had to stop this right now. Shaking the thoughts away, he tuned in back to the world around him..only to see his class staring at him strangely.  He coughed, looking back towards the board. He had to get his mind off of this with what he was here to do-teach. Bully was shaking nervously, Baldi looked towards the board to see his answers. Bully was looking everywhere but him, but Baldi smiled gently at him. "Congrats that was the right answer. Please take your seat." Bully stared at him wide eyed, but complied. He called you up next, he wasn't going to call you but he knew that would look suspicious. He moved out of the way to let you come forward, he watched you, as well as the class. You became laser focused on the board in front of you, started writing with the chalk at such a speed it surprised even him. You solved the first-the second and the third. Soon the entire board was covered with how you shown your work for each problem. It was neat...precise

Perfect.

You put the small piece of leftover chalk on the tray, and turned around...only to see stares and open mouthed gazes staring at you. You seemed to shrink back a little from the stares, but when your gaze turned to him, he could feel the fluttering and rapid heartbeat once more. "U-Uh yes. Excellent job. These are all correct." He said, gesturing back to your seat. You took the hint, and rushed back to sit down. He took little time in cleaning the board to finish the lesson. 

What was wrong with him?!