2

It was a normal morning. I went to the office and checked in. When I walked in, I said hi to Pam and everyone else said hi to me. I walked past Jim and he tapped my ankle with his foot. I turned around and smiled at him and he smiled back.
Me: "What's up Halpert?"
Jim: "Nothing much Banks.."
I walked a couple of steps to my desk and put my stuff down. I start answering calls and such for a few hours. At about 11, right before lunch, Michael comes out of his office and looks at me.
Michael: "Oh! I didnt know you were here Roriana!"
Me: "It's Rory, and this is my job Michael.."
Jim tries to hold back a laugh and I glance at him and smile.
Michael: "Yeah well.."
He looks at the rest of the room and announces that we would be having an office party tomorrow. Then, he went back to his office. About an hour later, when it was time for our lunch break, I headed to the break room to get my lunch. While I was there, Karen, one of my other office friends, came up to me.
Karen: "Hey! So I think we all know about your feelings for Halpert over there.."
She points at his desk, where he was finishing up some work. My eyes go wide and I look at her.
Phyllis and Ryan, who were also in the break room with us, chimed in.
Ryan: "Oh yeah, it is so obvious.."
Phyllis: "And he totally has feelings for you too.. you can just tell by the way he looks at you.."
I blush and shake my head, and look back at Karen.
Me: "I-uh- I don't know what you're talking about..."
Karen: "Oh dont pretend.. anyways.. I suggest that you try to play hard to get.. it'll drive him crazy and make his feelings for you even stronger.."
I hesitate before giving her a small smile.
Me: "Thanks for the advice.. I'll see ya later.."
I walk out of the break room and to the corner in the parking lot where Jim and I eat lunch together everyday. A couple of minutes later, the beautiful man walks out and sits down next to me. I smile at him and we talk for an hour about everything. We plan our next prank on Dwight. He tells me how obsessed with me Michael is. I tell him how obsessed with him Meredith is. Every once in a while, we lock eyes, but I quickly look away, out of nervousness. When we get up to walk back inside, he grabs my arm and lets go when I turn to look at him.
Jim: "Can-uh- can I talk to you about something?"
I nod and walk closer to him. We lock eyes and his eyes flicker to my lips. He leans in. I remember Karen's advice and force myself to pull back. All of a sudden, we hear Michaels voice.
Michael: "Jimothy! Roriana! Back to work!"
Me: "Mmk Michael, we'll be right in!!"
He goes back inside and I turn back to Jim. He blushes and looks at the ground. We walk back inside together, in silence. When we get back to our desks, Pam gives me an expecting look, but I just give her a small smile and look back at my computer.
Jim: "Oh you saw that in the parking lot? Yeah, total rejection.. I like her a lot.. just dont tell her I told you.. its obvious she doesn't feel the same way about me.. but im used to it.. I guess ill just try to move on.."
Me: "What? No he was totally not trying to kiss me.. You're crazy. Its so obvious he doesn't like me.. but i can't get myself to just move on.."