11

The next morning when I wake up, Jim isnt in his bed with me. I wrap a sheet around my body and walk to the kitchen. I see him standing at the stove, making breakfast, only wearing his boxers. I lean against the wall and smile at the man that I love. He turns around and sees me, making him smile. He quickly walks over and kisses me putting his hands on my waist.
Me: "Mmm- Gmorning Halpert.."
Jim: "Morning Banks.. Did you sleep well?"
Me: "Oh yeah, I was totally exhausted last night, for some reason."
Jim: "Hm. I wonder why.."
I shrugged my shoulders, making him laugh as he went back to cooking. I got dressed and came back to the kitchen when he had finished making breakfast. We ate together and then finished getting ready for work. I had brought an overnight bag so I had a change of clothes, so we could ride to work together. When we walked into the office together, i caught another glimpse of my reflection in the window. There was about 4 hickies that were very visible on the side of my neck. I quickly put my hair in front of my shoulder to cover them, and blushed. When everyone saw us, they smiled. Pam looked at me expectantly and I quickly nodded, causing her to squeal a little too loud. I shushed her and she apologized, laughing. I smiled and rolled my eyes, while walking over to Jims desk, where he was already sitting down. I draped my arms around his shoulders, while standing behind him. He quickly grabbed my two hands in his and held them there, not letting go. He held them to his lips and still didnt let go.
Me: "Halpertttt let gooo... I have to go work.."
He tilts his head back to look at me and we lock eyes. I raise my eyebrows but he shakes his head, looking back at the computer screen. I laugh and pull my arms away as quick as I can, releasing them from his grip. He spins around in his chair and fake pouts. I kiss his cheek and walk back to my desk. The rest of the work day, Dwight gives us suspicious looks and Jim and I look at each other and snicker. About and hour later, the door to the office swings open. And in walks Karen. She storms in and I quickly look over at Jim, who stood up. I stand up also. When she sees me, she starts quickly walking towards me, her face filled with anger. Jim quickly stands in between us and grabs my hand.
Jim: "Karen, leave.."
Karen: "Cmon Jim.. did our night together in Stamford mean nothing to you?"
I quickly drop Jims hand as his face turns white. He turns to me and tries to grab my arm as everyone looks at us, their jaws dropped.
Jim: "Rory..."
Me: "Dont.."
I walked out of the office and to my car, hot tears streaming down my face. I started shaking and sobbing as I sat at the wheel and turned the car on. I saw Jim run out of the building and run over to the car. I tried pulling out but he pleaded. I saw tears form in his eyes.
Jim: "RORY! please.."
I slowly got out of my car, but kept my distance. He walked closer to me and i continued to cry.
Jim: "Please. Let me. Explain."
I stayed silent, signaling for him to continue.
Jim: "Ok so about a month after I got to Stamford, I went out with some guys from work and we got blackout drunk. We didnt mean to but it just got out of hand. So Karen was also at the bar and when she saw how drunk I was, she took advantage of me. It meant nothing and Ive regretted it since the moment it happened. But I couldn't bring myself to tell you because i didnt want you to think for even a second that i dont love you. I love you SO much. More than anything on this planet. And im so sorry."
Tears were flowing down his face at this point and I looked at him, dumbfounded. He walked over to the curb and put his head in his hands. I stood still for a minute.
Me: "I-uh- you gotta give me some time to think.. im going home.."
He looks up and nods as I get into my car. I watch him walk back into the building and I go home.
JIMS POV
After I clean up in the bathroom, I walk back into the office. Everyone looks at me as I sit down. Karen walked over to me. I ignored her as she smiled and tried to get my attention. She grabbed my arm and I shrugged my arm away from her, standing up. I peek my head into Michaels office.
Me: "Michael, i gotta go.."
Before he can answer, I ran out of the office and got into my car. I drove to Rorys house and knocked on her door.
Rory: "Jim, wha-"
Me: "Listen.. I know you dont want to talk to me right now but I cant-"
She cuts me off by kissing me. I kiss her back and she throws her arms around my neck. I wrap mine around her waist and lift her further inside, swinging the door shut. She tightens her grip around me and pulls away from the kiss, burrowing her face into my neck. I kiss the top of her head and sit down on the couch. She sits on my lap and cuddles into my chest, throwing her legs up on the couch. I tightly wrap one arm around her waist and the other around her shoulders. She looks up at me and I smile.
Rory: "I love you.."
Me: "I love you so much more.. and i really am sorry.."
Rory: "Shhhh.. i know it wasnt on purpose.. lets just leave it in the past.."
I nod as she pecks my lips again and turns on the tv. We spend the next couple of hours in that position, me falling even more in love with her, if that was even possible.