12

At about 10 pm, she gets up.
Rory: "I-uh- I should get going.."
I nod and she throws her arms around my neck as I wrap mine around her waist. She leans in and puts her forehead on mine.
Rory: "Hey.."
Me: "Hey..."
She leans in and kisses me slowly and passionately. I wrap her legs around my waist so she is straddling my lap. The kiss gets more intense. She pushes me down onto my back and lays on top of me, as we continue to kiss. I slide my hands under her shirt, and feel the heat of her back. I pull away for a second.
Me: "I love you.."
Rory: "Mmm I love you too.."
I kiss her again and we make out for about 10 more minutes. I start kissing her neck, leaving a hickey. She groans but pulls away.
Rory: "Halpert.. I gotta go.."
I nod and she pecks my lips one more time as she gets up. I walk her to her car and watch as she drives away. The next day, I go into the office, and shes not there. I turn to Pam.
Me: "Do you know where Rory is??"
She shrugs and I sigh, turning back to my desk. I pull out my phone and text her. She doesn't respond. About an hour later, she comes running in, out of breath. I look at her, confused. She walks over to me and I notice that her voice is shaky.
Rory: "Can we talk outside.."
I nod my head and stand up, as he grabs my hand tightly. When we are walking to the parking lot, Ryan comes out of the elevator and I notice Rory move to the other side of me and look down. We get to the parking lot and she breaks down. My eyes go wide as she bawls and starts shaking. I wrap my arms around her tightly and hold the back of her head, while rubbing her back.
Me: "Babe.. shhhh.. calm down..."
She sobs into my chest and I kiss her head. I sit down on the hood of my car and pull her into my lap. She continues to cry for a few minutes. Tears start forming in my eyes. I hate seeing her like this and not being able to do anything about it. When her sobs get silent and her breathing slows down, I pull away slightly, and tilt her chin up to look at me. We lock eyes and her eyes are bloodshot.
Me: "What happened.."
Rory: "H-he pushed me up against the car when I got here and started kissing me and wouldnt stop when I t-told him to.."
My eyes go wide.
Me: "Who??"
Rory: "Ryan."
RORYS POV

Jims eyes go extremely wide and his jaw drops as he pulls me into his chest again. I feel his heart beating fast and look up at him. His mouth is still wide open and he looks extremely concerned. I hold his cheek and he looks down at me.
Me: "Come here.."
He leans in and I kiss him passionately and slowly. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer, while running one hand through my hair. I move my other hand to the back of his neck and slowly pull away from the kiss. He hugs me one more time before getting up and storming into the building.
Me: "JIM!!"
He doesn't turn around and I start to run after him. When I get to the office, Jim is screaming at Ryan and everyone is watching.
Jim: "YOU THINK YOU COULD JUST TRY TO MAKEOUT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND WITHOUT ME FINDING OUT? SHE LITERALLY JUST HAD A PANIC ATTACK BECAUSE OF YOU. IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS."
Ryan: "Woah man, chill out, its just a misunderstanding.."
Jim ran up to Ryan and punched him in the face. Everyone went silent. Then, all hell broke loose. They both started swinging at each other. Everyone tried to break them apart but didnt succeed until Jim was left with a bloody nose, lip, and eye. Ryan had a black eye and cut lip. I pulled Jim away from him and his eyes stayed locked on Ryan as he tried to lunge for him again. I grabbed his arm and gripped it tightly. I used my other arm to turn his cheek to me.
Me: "HEY.. Jim.. look at me.. please.."
He looked at me and his eyes were filled with guilt and fear.
Me: "Babe youre really bleeding bad, we gotta go..."
I pulled Jim out of the office and we drove to my house. When we got there, I immediately got the first aid kit and helped him clean up. He winced a few times and I apologized. Once he was all cleaned up, I straddled his lap and put my arms around his neck. He put his around my waist and we just looked at each other for a minute.
Me: "Jim.. thank you for doing that and like standing up for me, but you really didnt have to."
Jim: "I know but im so mad at him, you have no idea. I hate that he hurt you and I hate that i wasnt there to stop him."
I frowned at him and rubbed his neck.
Me: "Baby.. im ok.."
He gave me a sad smile and kissed me. He pulled away and pressed his forehead on mine.
Jim: "I love you."
Me: "I love you more."
He kissed me again and I hugged him tightly.