7: The Return

Peter's POV:
I stay seated on the floor by my door for a while, trying to think of a way to explain my situation to Steve. It turns out, I don't have to.

He didn't see my chest (thank god), but he did see my old scars. 

"Pete? You okay?" Steve asks softly as I walk into the living room.

"Yeah Mr.Rogers, I'm fine. So uh... w-what exactly did you see?" 

"I saw a lot of scars on your stomach and... I just wanted to know what they're from. I know you were injured a few weeks ago but those scars look like they're from a long time ago." Steve says quietly.

At that, I scratch my neck and think about how to explain my self harming past to him.

"I-I used to cut myself with a knife or a razor blade when I was upset. That's actually why I've been staying here lately... I did it a few weeks ago and almost died, which is why I was in the hospital floor for a few days." I explain, but Steve still looks concerned.

"Don't worry though, I'm doing much better now and haven't cut since Nat found me. I'm actually allowed to go back to school next week because of how well I'm doing." I say with a smile.

"That's good kid, that's good... hey if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here for you, alright?" I nod and he starts walking to the elevator but turns around at the door.

"Oh, and Tony said he wants to talk to you about something." 

"Okay thanks." I watch as the elevator doors close, and then I go into my room and put my binder back on before going to talk with Tony.

When I walk into the lab, Tony is spinning around on his chair but stops when he notices me.
"You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah underoos, I made you a pill you can take to sleep better. I know Benadryl doesn't work for you because of the spidey stuff, and you've been having nightmares, so I figured I could try and help."

"Ah that's great Mr.Stark, thanks! Hey, I love the binder you made me, it's really comfortable." 

"I'm glad kid, but don't forget your ribs are still broken and you can't wear it until Monday."

"Aww but-"

"No. Now go take it off before you hurt yourself."

I grab the pill bottle off the table and storm up to my room, reluctantly taking the binder off.
Seeing that it's already 11, I take a pill and brush my teeth before going to bed. The pills seem to work, and I fell asleep quickly with no nightmares.

[A Few Days Later- Monday]

I wake up at 6am and practically leap out of bed- it's my first day back at school in a month. I'm excited to finally leave the complex and be able to do what I want without having to ask permission to go down the street. There's only one issue... the kids at school don't know why I've been gone so long. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll say, when I walk into the kitchen to see Tony flipping some pancakes.

"Hey spidey, you ready for today? How are you feeling?" He asks with a hint of concern in his voice.

"I'm feeling great! I can't wait to see Ned and MJ again, and actually be outside for a change." Tony laughs at the end part and smiles as he hands me a plate with a few burnt pancakes on it.

"It's great that you're doin' well kid, but remember that you're still not allowed to do P.E., and you have to come straight back after school. And if anything starts getting  overwhelming or if you don't feel good, you call and I'll pick you up." 

"Yeah Mr.Stark, I know the drill. I have to go get ready, I'm leaving in 15 minuets!" I shout back at him, already halfway to my room.

I struggle into my jeans and put on my new binder, which takes a little bit (ok... a lot) of effort. I throw on a big hoodie and grab my bag from the by door. I say bye to Tony and Steve, and hug Wanda on the way out. It feels nice to be able to bind again, but I was so excited last night that I only got 4 hours of sleep. 

[20 minuets later] 

I jolt awake as happy pulls the car up to the school. I scramble out of the car and walk into school, my anxiety growing with each step. By the time I get to my locker I'm on edge and there's only a minutes until class starts. I'm startled when I feel someone run up to me and engulf me in a bear hug.

"Peter, it's so good to see you again!"Ned is practically shouting from excitement.

"Haha it feels good to be back and see you and MJ every day again." 

"How are you feeling?" He asks, suddenly looking worried.

"Dude it's not your job to worry about me. But I'm doing good, both mentally and physically." I say as we start walking to chemistry class. 

"I'm just worried about what people will think about my long absence." 

Ned starts to respond, but is interrupted by flash as we walk into the class.
"Hey it's Penis Parker, back from the dead!"

"Shut up Flash, nobody likes you." 

I'm surprised to see Alex Torres defending me. I've never had a single conversation with him in my life, but I have had the biggest crush on him since last year when he was in my P.E class. Alex walks over to me and Ned and gives us a smile before sitting in front of me. I can't think for the whole class period because all I can focus on is his extremely hot shoulders and jawline.
It isn't until lunch that I snap out of my dazed thoughts about Alex, because Flash is sitting at our table.

AN: I know this chapter is bad ahaha it's kind of just a filler so I can get to the good parts sorry :( also sorry for making you guys wait the full week just for one update, I've been feeling down lately and not up to writing.