Part 8 - A Change in Me

Once the thunder finally calmed and the blinding light disappeared, Jack, Ethan, and I went upstairs. The groundskeeper, George, had just left the room as we entered.

"Where's Celine? Where's Damien?" Colonel asked, looking around.

"I've spent twenty five years cooking for these uppity fucks. I'm not about to die for 'em! I quit, bitch!" Chef declared, leaving the house. Butler stepped forward, putting a hand on Colonel's shoulder.

"I know things seen to be far beyond your control right now, but such that it is for all of us here. I shall take my leave and I implore you to do the same."

"I won't let my friends die in this godforsaken house!" Colonel stated firmly. "And if you all are too much of a coward to do the same, you had best leave before I kill you myself." Colonel walked out the door, fighting with Abe for a moment.

"I'm not leaving unless you are, Angel." Jack declared, looking me dead in the eyes. I turned to Ethan.

"Me neither." He agreed.

"Well, boys, I'm not leaving either." I finished. Abe left the room as well.

"I know he's in pain and I know you might be too." Butler said to the DA. "But we need to leave this place." With that the butler left the room.

"Jack, if you'd excuse us, I have some things to discuss with my husband." I said. Jack nodded then walked away. "Ethan, I'm starving." I whined, the sudden urge to feed growing. Suddenly, Colonel came through, yelling for Abe. I couldn't hear anything for my ears started ringing due to the lack of sustenance in my body. I just watched as the Colonel shot Abe in the heart. Then he shot the DA who backed up and flew off the railing. A round of shots ran out hitting Jack and Butler who came running as well as Ethan who flew off the banister. I cried out, but heard nothing. I could barely move due to my need to a drink. I just broke down and cried. I closed my eyes for a moment only to reopen them in a pitch black room. Celine, Damien, and the DA all stood together with Mark's body in the middle. I walked over to them in need answers.

"How are you here?" Celine hissed. I gave her a real hiss in return.

"My husband just died, bitch! And I'm fucking starving." I growled, rubbing my throat.

"He took everything from us." Damien stated. "He trapped us here with this broken shell and no way out."

"It's true. This whole time, I thought it was the house, but....." Celine trailed off. "I never thought he'd fall this far."

"And we played right into his hands. He'd been planning this for years and now that son of bitch is out there walking around in my body." Damien muttered.

"He obviously didn't plan for me. I'm here because I'm already dead. I have been for years now." I added.

"Look, I know you have questions and I can't answer everything right now. Just know that Mark took everything from us from his twisted quest of vengeance. But death does not mean the same thing here. It's possibly how Angel came back to life." Celine said.

"What Celine means by that is..... this doesn't have to be the end. You're trapped in here just the same as us, but your body..... broken as it may be, it's out there." Damien added.

"Mark's not the only one that can use this place to his benefits. After all, look at Angel. She may need the blood of other's to survive, but she's alive again. The same way that I brought you here is the same way that I can send you back."

"But you can't survive on your own. You're dead, after all. The Colonel saw to that."

"You can't blame him. Honestly, he's a good man. But he's dangerous now."

"I know this sounds crazy. Honestly, I don't know what the fuck is going on. But I know that I trust Celine. And if you trust the both of us. Just, let me in. We can fix this. Together."

"I won't force this on you. You have a choice here. Just know that this the only way you can escape. Just relax."

"This'll work. I promise." My vision blurred, fading into darkness. I sprung up, feeling different. Heavier, almost. I tried to find Jack and Ethan, finding my big wings. I kept looking until I found his body, crawling to it. I put my hands on his chest doing chest compressions.

"Come on, E." I muttered. My hands started glowing red. Ethan's wound healed and he gasped back to life. I ran and healed Butler and Jack. I knew what was happening to the DA. The three boys I'd revived remained asleep as I wondered the house, being careful not to break anything. I came across the Damien's body as he awoke with Colonel watching him. Damien stood up, looking around. The sight of the Colonel and me behind him startled Damien. Or, should I say, the DA.

"Woah! It's okay. If I thought you were dead. I mean, of course you're not dead! You're not- how could you be dead?" Colonel rambled. He walked in front of me, not seeing me at all. "I mean, I-I wouldn't of killed you. I-I didn't kill you. I mean, of cour-" Colonel set down Damien's staff. "Of course! I didn't kill anybody! It was all a joke!" Colonel said with a crazy laugh. I watched suspiciously from behind him. "Of course, it was all a joke! Were you in on this!? Did Damien put you up to this? Of course he did! Damien, where are you, you rapscallion? Where are you? Celine?" With that he walked off. I moved to see what the DA was gonna do. He'd seen me, knowing I'm here. But I didn't dare say a word just yet. He picked up the staff then looked in the mirror. He cracked his neck. The mirror breaking and showing the image of Darkiplier. I smirked, stepping forward. I grabbed Dark by the neck, holding him off the ground.

"I'm going to tell you something." I whispered. "Celine and Damien might've given you this life, but I can take it away. LiFe Is MiNe To TaKe~" I said in my demonic voice.

I dropped him then he ran off in a different direction.

"Always remember. Life is mine to take."

That's the end of part eight! Dramatic ending, I know! Get over it. The book isn't over yet. This is just a back story.

Peace.
Love.
Out.