Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT - LEAVE

Y/N

Hyunjin stared at me while I struggled to look for words. I thought we were pretty convincing. I obviously was wrong. "I'm not dumb, Y/N. In fourth grade, I kinda knew you liked me. You weren't very discreet about the stares you threw my way." Hyunjin says after moments of silence. So he's known this entire time? "Also, Felix may have let it slip one day when we were working on a project and you weren't there." He adds shortly after.

"Look, it was fourth grade. You were cute back then." I told him and he looked at me slightly offended.

"What? Am I not cute anymore?" He asks placing a hand up to his chest in fake hurt. No, you are hot as hell. I thought but didn't actually say it. If I were to actually say that then you can find me dead in a ditch somewhere.

"You're okay." I answered waving my hand in a kinda motion. He gasped and placed another hand to his chest in fake hurt. This guy can be so dramatic sometimes. It's almost funny. "Stop it." I laugh as I push on his shoulder and his laughter fills the car. "I gotta go now." I say opening the car door and getting out. I turn back around to grab my bag and phone only to find Hyunjin staring almost fondly at me.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning, okay?" I only nod shutting the car door before I turn around and walk up to the front door. I reach the door and turned around seeing Hyunjin drive off, smiling to myself I walk inside the house. Dad was home because his coat and shoes were by the front door when I entered.

"Hey, sweetie." Dad greets when I enter the kitchen to grab some water from the fridge. "Felix is in the living room. He needs to talk to you about something." Dad says when I grab the water bottle from the fridge. I freeze as the fridge shut staring at my Dad. Why the hell is Felix here and why does he have to talk to me? I let out a groan walking into the living room. Felix was sitting on the couch just scrolling through his phone but looked up when I entered the room.

"What do you want from me, Lee? Can't you bother Chaeyoung?" I ask obviously annoyed by his presence. He stopped talking to me for no reason a month before I left in fourth grade. He didn't come say bye the day I was leaving. He ignored all my messages and when I went over he always told me he was busy. I don't even know what I could have done wrong for him to act like that. I remember crying when I left because he never came to say bye and whenever I came to visit every other December, he ignored me until I finally gave up on trying to talk to him. I wanted to forget about him and I guess I actually forced myself to for a while.

"Y/N, I- you remember me right? I know you have this thing where you can force yourself to forget something if you don't want to remember." Felix spoke getting up from the couch putting his phone in his back pocket.

"Yeah, I remember you. I remembered earlier today in class. I remember how you were supposed to be my best friend. How you just stopped talking to me a month before I left. H-how you didn't even say bye, not know if I would come back or not, which I- I did. H-how y-you completely ignored me whenever I came to visit every other December. Felix, I got to the point where I forced myself to forget you eve existed! So, just leave so I can forget again. I- I don't want you in my life anymore." I turned on my feel and ran up the stairs slamming my bedroom door. I haven't felt so hurt in such a long time. I haven't felt this pain in so long and I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all. I hated it and I hate him.

Stay out of my life, Lee Felix.