Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - OVER

Y/N

I was sitting at the dinner table with Dad, Ellie, and Chaeyoung. They were talking about something that I didn't care about enough to listen in on the conversation. I just sat there moving food around with my fork until I heard the doorbell. I excused myself telling them I'll go get it as I got up from my seat and walked to the door.

I opened the door and met eyes with Felix. "What are you doing here?" I asked running a hand through my messy hair.

"I need to tell you something. It's about Hyunjin." Felix answered. I looked back and saw the others weren't even paying attention. I walked outside and shut the door behind me.

"Okay, what is it?"

"I-I'm not sure if he told you about how he was the last two years. Did he mention anything about the last two years?" Felix asks and I shake my head. "Okay, you may not believe me but I just- I have to tell you so he doesn't hurt you. I can't have him hurt you so the last two years he was in my friend group. He still hung out with Jeongin and everything but he was in my friend group. H-he hurt a lot of girls by messing with their feelings and broke a lot of them. I- I don't want him to end up doing that to you." Felix explained and my mouth opened a little in shock.

"How many girls?" I asked softly feelings a lump form in my throat.

"I really don't know, Y/N. I'm- I'm sorry." Felix answers and I felt my own heart break a little. Was it true? Did Hyunjin really do that to girls? Was Felix just lying? "I'm not lying, I promise. I wouldn't tell you this if it wasn't true."

"Why wait six months to tell me about this then?" I asked.

"I- I thought he would've told you by now. I was waiting until he told you himself but if he hasn't by now then I don't think he ever will. I'm sorry that I had to be the one to tell you." Felix whispered. I looked into his eyes and I could tell he wasn't lying. It really is true. Is Hyunjin just leading me along?

"N-no, thank you for t-telling me. I should get back inside. I'll see you at school." I turned around and let a single tear fall as I walked back into the house. I heard laughing in the dining room and just ran upstairs. I just want to go back home. I wasn't wanted here anyway. I was sent here for a better learning experience which I haven't even gotten. It's almost the same as Korea but just more easy. I was also sent here to get to know Dad but I wasn't even doing that. He hasn't talked to me enough to know what's going on in my life. He probably doesn't even know about Hyunjin.

I wasn't cared for. I miss mom, Jeongin, Ally, and all my friends. I missed my grandparents. The only family I have here is Dad and I wouldn't even count him as my dad. I grabbed my phone off the charger and called my mom. She answered after a few rings and I let out a quiet sob. "Y/N, what's wrong?" She asks calmly.

"I- I want to come home. Please, let me come home." I begged. "I don't like it here." I cried.

"Honey, just try to finish the year." Mom spoke softly.

"M-Mom, I- I can't. I- I want to come home. I tried to stay strong and try not to ask to come home but I- I can't do it anymore." I explained. "Dad doesn't even want me here. You said he wanted to get to know me which is why I agreed to try this but he doesn't even try. I- I don't want to be here anymore. Please, let me come home."

"Okay, you can fly out on Saturday. I won't force you to stay there." Mom says and I smile softly. "Can you make it through the day tomorrow?" Mom asks.

"Y-yeah, I can make it through the day." I answer and wiped my eyes. "Thank you."

"Of course, sweetie. I'll tell your Dad and have him tell the school it's your last day tomorrow." Mom told me and we said our byes before hanging up.

• • • •

The next day came fast and the news that I was leaving had already spread fast through the school. I did my best to avoid Hyunjin today. I left earlier then usual so I wouldn't be there when he showed up to grab me. I avoided him in the halls and didn't answer his texts or calls. I sat far away from him classes but lunch came I didn't leave fast enough because he had grabbed my hand and dragged me somewhere outside away from people. We didn't go to the bleachers. We went near the locker rooms.

"Why are you avoiding me today? And when were you going to tell me that you are leaving?" Hyunjin asks when we come to a stop.

"When you told me that you fucked with girls feelings, that's when I was going to tell you. But it seems like you never were so I was not. I was just gonna leave and not tell you." I snapped and he looked surprised by my sudden outburst.

"W-what?"

"Did you really think that I wouldn't find out?" I asked feeling the lump in my throat return and tears burn in my eyes. "W-was I just another part of your sick game?" My voice cracked.

"No, Y/N, no. You're not and all that was in the past. I regret everything I did to them. I apologized to every single one of them. Baby, you are not someone I want to hurt. I- I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I- I just didn't want you to think what you are thinking right now." Hyunjin answers holding my hands up. "I'm not proud of who I was. I will regret it for the rest of my life but I can't go back and change it. If I could then I would but- but I can't do that. I have been working on changing since summer."

"If it was in the past and you told me right away then I would be fine but you waited until I found out when we're already six months into our relationship. H-how can I trust anything you say?"

"Because it's true! Y/N, please trust me on this. I swear, I am changing and I have apologized to every girl I messed with. I- please, believe me." Hyunjin begged. I licked my lips and looked him the eyes pulling my hands out of his grip.

"I'm sorry, Hyunjin. I- I just can't be with you when you kept this huge thing from me and it'll be better if we just end things now. Long distance never works."

"D-don't. Baby, please don't do this." He begged and tears fell from his eyes. I cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears away with the bud of my thumb. "W-we can make this work. I- I know we can, Y/N, please." I pressed a soft kiss on his lips and backed away.

"I-I'm sorry but it's o-over. W-we're over." I stuttered and ran before he could say anything that could possibly make me change my mind. I couldn't look at him anymore. His eyes showed me the exact moment his heart broke. I'm sure mine showed him the same thing.

I'm sorry, Hyunjin but we can't make it work even if we tried.