Reality

Elia's POV

Blurred.

My vision came to a blur as i stepped outside of my apartment. The yellow shade of light making me cover my eyes. Fuck, i didn't want to deal with the sun today.

Words cant even express how dead i feel right now. i shouldn't have went out last night, maybe i should stop doing this "party thing".

Listen, i know what your thinking... shes obviously going to go out again....and your probably right. I am a very complex person and tend to do things impulsively. I do a lot of things in the spur of the moment and go with whatever i'm feeling right in that time.

It is about 9000 degrees out right now and i'm wearing jeans and a tight long sleeve shirt. Great. We just love a dress code for work.

Every day i walk to work and dread every minute. I hate walking but also hate paying for gas so there's no win. I shouldn't complain though, my work is on the corner of the street where i live.

I work at a tiny cafe called "Octavas". The cafe is pretty cute and actually has a good atmosphere. Trust me, i didn't dream of being a barista all my life but, its getting the money in and getting me steps closer to my dream school.

Pratt institute. In the heart of New York city. An arts school. Many don't know about this but i am a painter and drawer. I have actually won many competitions and art shows. This school is very expensive and i don't know how the hell i'm going to get in. I can only scarcely fathom how great it actually is, to experience it and live out your dreams in such a school.

Thinking about this makes me actually very determined and really ready to try.

All these thoughts fog my mind as i open the door to the same old cafe. The smell of coffee brushes over me and i smile. I love coffee even if it means making it for other people.

I am greeted with one of my best friend's Emily. Ah Emily, earlier than ever to work. Me and Emily met here a year ago and have became pretty close since. I trust her with everything. She has beautiful blonde hair with a hint of lavender and a fit body. I sometimes wish I was her.

"Heyy Emily" i say trying my best to be energetic. She immediately looks me up and down moving her lavender ends out of her face smiling. "Hm had fun last night i see" She slightly laughs. I give her a death stare. "Ha ha i feel like total death." I say letting out a breath as i lean on her shoulder. She taps my head lightly and sighs. "Shouldn't have went out last night then" she says in a "i told you so" attitude. I lift up my head and wave her off " Yea yea i know." I say walking over to the coffee machine trying to hopefully cut off the conversation.

Emily grins at me and walks to the back of the store.

The mornings are usually really busy so i should start to clean and get things situated and in order.

As i clean out the coffee makers, memories of last night start to drip into my mind. That band. I wonder if ill ever meet them again. Especially the boy. Their music is so good i'm so happy i stumbled upon it this morning in the shower. i wis-

A woman's voice interrupts my thoughts. June. June is a little old lady that comes here everyday for coffee. She is the most gentle and cutest old person i have ever seen. Always has a sparkle in her eyes.

"Good morning June how are you." I say already making her drink that she orders everyday. "Hello darling i'm doing great!" She says sending me a genuine smile. June is a very ambitious lady and such a determined person i'm almost jealous. i genuinely admire her for that.

I make her coffee as fast as i can and put it on the table. I secretly never charge her for her coffees anymore. I mean come on shes been here everyday for years, i think its time. She collects the drink and smiles. She starts to trot over to her window seat where she reads her monthly book and sits.

This morning wasn't that bad but I honestly was  dreading spending all day here. I still had a headache and it was fading away very very slowly.

I decide to make myself busy again and organize the cups. I let my mind start to wonder as I think of last night for the millionth time. I'm still curious and surprised that I got to meet a band last night with actual decent looking people in it and who have actual decent songs. I mean I shouldn't really be surprised. You never know what your going to get entering a party in Los Angeles.

The little jingle of the bells clung to the door started to ring. Guess the morning has officially started. I brush my hair out of my face and look up to greet our new customer.

I instantly scream in my head. Fucking great. Just who I want to see this morning.

———————————————————————————
Ok I know this is a very basic idea to a story but I had no clue what to do. But any-who wonder who the new customer is🤪