We meet once again

Elia's POV

I start to fast walk to the back of the cafe hoping to avoid the Familiar face that has now entered the shop.

"Oh my god Elia ???" A very high pitched voice says. Dammit. I thought I almost got away.

I am met with one of my ex friends Angeline. Ex friend you may ask?? Well, let's just say she does a little bit more partying than I do.

"Hi Angeline long time no see!" I say in the nicest way I could. She gives me a very big grin. she walks over to the empty counter And pulls up a chair. " I totally forgot you still worked here wow!"

It's hard to know which one of us is being more fake.

I soak up the sight of her in front of me. She has maroon colored hair and is way skinner than half a year ago. "What have u been doing these days?" I say now interested.

She sighs. "Same old same old but I have been clean off coke for a month now." She says with confidence.

I might not like her but I'm proud she has decided to get off that shit. She was psycho. Hell, she probably still is.

"That's great Angeline!" I say smiling at her. She nods her head in agreement. "Yea it's been pretty hard but I've been smoking weed a lot lately so it's helped a little bit, it's been making me calmer than usual." She laughs. I laugh knowing what she actually means.

"Enough about my past" she waves her hand in the air , "Can I get a medium iced coffee with raspberry?" She says jumping off the seat and walking to the cash register.

"Of course." I say ringing it up. She starts to pull out 3 dollars but I decline it. After talking to her I have realized that I kind of miss her. "It's on me." I say smiling at her. She smiles back and walks to the counter where we serve the drinks.

I don't know how I haven't gotten fired with the amount of free drinks I've given out... yikes.

Emily comes from the back and looks at me. She gives me an "oh no" look as she sees Angeline standing on the other side of the cafe. "Whatttt is she doing hereeeee" she says whispering in my ear.

When Angeline and I stopped being friends, me and Emily got closer and I told her everything that happened between me and Angeline. Nothing positive to say the least.

"I don't know, she just came in and we started talking, she sounds better than she used to." I say looking at Emily shrugging.

"And that's my cue to go back to the back room" she says put out not wanting anything to do with Angeline

"She won't be here for long I promise" I say giving her a reassuring look. Emily nods and walks to the back.

I finish making Angeline's coffee and slide it to the serving counter. "Here you go!" I say catching her attention as she's rambling to someone on the phone.

She finishes the conversation and throws her phone into her worn out purse. " thank you love" she says grabbing it smiling.

we stand in silence as we both look at each other. She sighs. "Listen, I know you would never want to hangout again but, my friend just bailed on me With our plans and I was wondering if you wanted to hangout? Just like old times!" She says in a desperate way.

I mean.. Angeline is a pretty fun person to hangout with, but our past.. ugh it's just so hard.

She sees me trying to make up an answer in my head. "Come on I swear it will be fun. I have 2 tickets to my ex boyfriends concert and I really don't wanna go alone" she says sighing.

Oh yea, I totally forgot about her old boyfriend she would ditch me to go hangout with and do drugs with. Funny.

"Well what's the band?" I say curious as to who this boys band is.

She grins and says " Chase Atlantic, they have been getting pretty big lately but I don't know if you have ever heard of them."

Oh. My. God.  Her words hit me like a train. Her shitty ex is one of the boys I met last night?? But they were so nice.... this is shocking.

I guess I was in my zone for to long because Angeline waves her hand in front of my face. "Sooooo will you go??" She says eagerly.

If I go to this there is a possible chance I will be able to see the boy from last night. Sax player boy. Fuck it I have to go.

"I'm in" I say with a huge grin on my face.

Angeline shrieks with excitement and gives me a hug. Wow that's been a long time coming.

" I will pick you up at 6. You still live in the same place down the street right??" She says almost walking out of the cafe door. I nod.

Wait fuck, I deleted her number....... another yikes.

"What's your number again? I deleted it when.. ya know.." I say nervously. "Oh yea haha.." She says twirling a piece of hair in the front of her face. She always used to do that when she was nervous or embarrassed.

I hand her my phone and She puts in her number. "Thank you for the coffee" she smiles walking out of the cafe door. I nod and say "See you at 6." She winks as the door is slowly closing behind her.

Tonight is going to be interesting.