Chapter:10

What I didn't imagine happening was that one of my exes would find me. I was out tending to two year old colts getting them ready for any home they'll be going to. I made noise, fired guns off near them, jogged past them,anything that could spook them. When nothing fazed them I would untie the colt and do anything to try and spook him.

Eli and James were patching holes in the fence along the main way. Kent was welding panels for me. As I was working with a new colt, the alarm went off on the gate. I checked it before denying the guy that was at it. I hate him with a passion. He did me wrong tremendously.

I continued working. It went off over and over again. I finally got aggravated enough that I asked Kent if he was still working on the panels. "I've got some time to spare." He said. "Go tell the man at the gate that we are not allowing visitors at this time. I am in the middle of working with a colt." I told him. "Yes ma'am."

I got back to work with the colt getting him conditioned. When night was close, Annie rang the dinner bell for us to come eat. I took the last colt to the paddock and went to the house. I rubbed my face as I took my boots off. The twins came around the corner. I picked my boots off going inside. James and Annie were in the kitchen already. An arm grabbed my waist pulling me back.

"Who was he?" Kent asked. I sighed. Eli held me from behind taking my hat off. "Who was he Jo?" Kent asked again. "An ex." I mumbled. "Have fun running him off Kent." Eli mumbled into my hair. Kent grumbled as he took his boots off. "I'd like to see your temper fly every once in a while." He told Eli. "That day no one needs to be around me." Eli told him. He kissed my cheek.

"Least my temper simmers after a little bit." Kent said before he kissed me. Eli released me from his arms letting me go inside. I went to wash my hands then fix my own plate. "Jo. That bathroom needs a whole new update." Annie told me. "I'll go to town tomorrow for the toilet and sink." I told her. "You better. That toilet refuses to flush now." She said.

I sighed eating the food with Kent sitting next to me tonight. Since Annie is still learning who is who, they took the liberty of swapping places every meal to have a chance to sit next to me. I don't care who's sitting next to me unless it's Kent who will gladly take my cooked carrots that Annie insists go on my plate even though I'm a twenty year old woman.

He does try to steal bites of my mac and cheese from my plate. When he does he almost gets a fork wedged in his hand. One time I actually stabbed him with it and he jumped nearly falling out of his chair. Tonight it was steak, green beans and corn. He's currently trying to steal my meat. I nearly stabbed his finger when he got away with one piece. When he went for another piece I got his hand good.

Eli tried not to crack a smile. "Don't steal my food. I'm going to keep stabbing ya every time you try." I told Kent. Annie thinks that I'm dating Eli. James thinks I'm fooling around with both behind each of their backs. Eli and Kent obviously know the truth along with myself.

Like I said, every time he tried to steal my food after I threatened him, he got stabbed. I finished eating then went up to my room for a shower. After my shower I got into a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. I sat down in my window seat watching the horses play. I was picked up and set between two legs. Two arms wrapped around my waist.

I don't want you to see me when I get angry angel." Eli said sitting behind me. I rested my head on his bicep. He kissed my cheek and temple. I could tell he was clean. "If I ever see that side of you Eli, I won't be afraid." I told him. He scoffed. "I don't want to hurt you when that happens angel." He said. "I still won't run when it does happen." I said.

He kissed me again. I yawned. Another warm body moved me from Eli's arms to his own. Kent. He had me up in his arms. I felt the bed meet my back. "Get some sleep baby girl." He said. This king sized bed is too large for me not to have them with me. I held onto his arm still wanting him to stay.

I was pulled back against a warm chest. I rolled over curling up to the warm chest. "Dude just come on. If they're already in their room, they won't know we both stayed the night. We can sneak out when her alarm goes off, then go to change and finally come back for breakfast." Eli said.

"Your an arse." Kent said. "Your forced to deal with me." Eli told him. "No. I just choose to put up with you." Kent said getting into bed behind me. They both held me close to their bodies warming me up.