Chapter:11

I was saddling a three year old colt getting him used to the saddle any way it was put on. I don't ride my colts until they are three and a half. I have people wanting to buy my horses as yearlings up until they are four years old unless they are fillies. I've got two four year old girls that will be breeding for the first time in late spring.

I unsaddled the colt and put the saddle on backwards to see what he would do. Nothing. I then pulled it from his back switching sides and putting it on from the right side. Then put it on backwards. He'll be riding age in a month. I want to get at least six of my three year old colts rideable by their fourth birthday.

All afternoon I was saddling and unsaddling the colts getting them ready. I even used different saddles letting them get comfortable with each. I go over the basics with each colt getting them prepared for whatever riding they are used for. When I was done with them, I went on to the last four year old colt I had on the ranch.

I put Sandy's old racing saddle on him along with the racing bridle. I then got up onto his back warmed him up then took him to the back pasture. I raced him across the pasture as fast as he would go. I can't be a jockey on my own colt, and there's not really any way for me to race him. Once I was done with him I got a call from the gate.

A man calling to look at a few of the colts. I answered it letting him through. After an hour of him looking over all my males under four, he took all of my three year old colts and two of my yearlings that were halter broke. He then turned to ask about the four year old. I wanted to use him as a racing colt, just didn't have the time or anyone to ride him.

He said he would race him for me and pay me half of his winnings if I sold him to him. I agreed to it and we settled on a price. I had him sign the paperwork for the ownership transfers in my office before he handed me a check for all of the stock. I accepted it before having the twins help him load the stock into the trailer he brought.

By the time everything was done, it was five thirty in the evening. I went up to the house to shower and clean up before I could hear Annie ring the dinner bell at exactly six in the evening. I jumped up off the bed and went downstairs. Before I could hit the bottom step, I was picked up and held against a hard torso.

I breathed in that familiar scent of one of the twins. Of course I could only tell you which was which because of their scent. This time it was Eli that was hugging me. He set me down before Kent glanced around before hugging me as well, kissing my forehead. They both went towards the kitchen where we ate every night.

I followed behind before they both let me go in front of them. I sat down at my seat them sitting in their respectful seat. It's Eli's night to sit next to me. After dinner, I went up to my room and curled up under a blanket finding a movie on. Most of the movie, I was dozing on and off. Before I completely fell asleep, I was moved back to the pillows and under the bed covers.

A warm body pulled me to one side of the bed before another body joined. I curled up between the two, my arms to my chest while my legs were straight down. One on his back with my back to his chest while the other was partially on top of me with his arms tucked under my back and his head on my stomach.

If this lasts past marriage to the point I'm pregnant, I honestly hope that we are not sleeping like this.