Chapter 49: A walk to remember

Happy Reading:)

___________________________

Derina's POV-

"Why do you and Mason have to keep doing this to each other, all the time?" Derek asked me.

I really didn't know what he was saying.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, Mason told you to stay away from Alexander-"

"Wait. He can't tell me what to do." I said. He didn't have a right, right?

"We both know that that's not true. Besides, I don't understand how you guys would've been without me here." He huffed.

"Hey, we are not that difficult okay." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, so that's not the point." We both sat outside.

"What is?" I asked.

"Alexander was the one who was racing Marissa and Mason that night."

First, I really didn't understand what that meant. But then it dawned on me. That night. Means the night of the accident. Oh my God. Marissa was dead because of Alexander. Oh my God. And I was rubbing him off in Mason's face assuming he was getting jealous. Oh my God.

"I bet you're saying oh my God in your mind." He said and chuckled when he saw my face which was now more shocked because that was true. 100%.

"Why would Alexander do something which was so dangerous?" I asked.

"I don't know the exact details. The Dentons and Andersons have old rivalry."

"But killing someone is-"

"Mason would've killed Alexander without one second of thought. I don't know why he didn't." Derek said and I was like, how could someone kill?

Mason would never kill anyone, even if it was about revenge or rivalry, whatever.

"But I don't think any of the Dentons would hurt me." I said and more like tried to convince myself.

"They can if they want. You're really important to Andersons and alot to Mason, don't you think?" He smirked and had a look that said you better nod your head and do not doubt about whether Mason cares about you or not.

But what if something did happen. Like whenever. In future. Would Mason save me? Would he be able to save me? Be my knight in shining armor? And I just don't mean about the Dentons because I really am not scared of them. But if anything happened, what would Mason do? Was I really that important to him?

I felt the need to be with him, stay close to him. These days, all I could think about was Mason. But did he feel the same? And even if he did he was bad at showing it.

"You're spacing out." Derek said. I looked at him.

But he does things to me. Today, in the morning on bed, later on the terrace. It's like he wants me close to him too. It's like maybe, even he's thinking about kissing me. Because if we do kiss now, I'm going to seal the deal once and for all. I'm not going to just keep going on like nothing happened. We'll talk about it. Like adults.

But when did we ever do that? Lol.

"I'm not." I said and shook my head. "By the way, what's going on between you and-"

"Hey how's the weather?" He said immediately.

That's so not fair. He knows and understands everything about me. But he doesn't answer anything I ask about him.