Chapter 7:

"Talk."
.:Radio or Phone:.
{Raptors or animals}
Thoughts

Hey y'all. So keep connected for updates on my board on all my stories and review on here so I can continue faster. Once again, I'm school and at my mom's and it'll be longer between updates and yada yada yada. You get all that every chapter so you know the drill.

This one ends in a cliffhanger so enjoy. Thanks for reading.

This is your last warning, a courtesy call.
Hey-O, here comes the danger up in this club.
When we get started and we ain't gonna stop.
- Courtesy Call, Thousand Foot Crutch

Chapter 7:

Owen's date did not work. I repeat, Owen's date epically failed. Massively.

I'm not being mean or anything, but I wanted to say I told you so when he got home.

Apparently he took Claire to the bar and grill and showed up on board shorts. Granted Ivy had gotten his nice pants but jeez- board shorts?

I always knew they would not get together. Owen was a free spirit and Claire prints itineraries for dates.

No. Just... no.

So we spent some time in the raptor pen. Barry took out the cameras and Owen took night duty. I slept with Ivy.

It was probably around midnight when it happened. A small burst of thought, Intelligence stronger than any animal, erupted in my head and flinched.

I lifted my head up and looked around, Ivy and the others following my example. The birds cawed raucously and flew west in a chaotic group over our heads. The T-Rex roared from the other side of the island and the compys and pteranodons screeched fearfully. The whole island just seemed... scared.

I got up and phased into my human form and made my way back to the entrance, Ivy following. I looked back at the other four. "Patrol the paddock. But stay together."

Echo chirped quietly and they slunk off.

I put one hand on Ivy's neck and slowly we continued walking. Every now and then we would flinch at noises in the forest. I couldn't explain the irrational fear inside. Only that it was there, and the whole island seemed to share it.

And that only scared me more.

I lifted one of my hands up and lit small flame in my palm, casting shadows under the trees and the now unfamiliar environment. My mind stretched out as far as it could and I strained to hear Owen's soft thoughts, fast asleep.

We entered the clearing and we were doused in the silvery light of the full moon, ominously shining up above.

"Somethings not right, Ivy." I hugged he neck and looked back over my shoulder. "Somethings here that wasn't here before and I'm scared it's not here to help us."

Ivy nuzzled my chest and whined.

"I know." I opened the gate and walked towards the office. "Go find the others as fast as you can- and stay with them."

She nodded and took off.

I opened the door and found Owen leaning over his desk, drool running out of the corner of his mouth. "Owen." I shook and whispered. "Owen."

"Huh? Alex?!" He shot up looked dizzy, putting a hand to his head. "Why are you waking me up at... 1:30 in the morning?"

"Somethings not right."

"What do you mean not right?"

I gave him a hug and opened my mind up to his, leading him to the strange, malevolent presence.

"What is that?" He shivered in the cool night air.

"I don't know. It's got the whole island spooked." I sat on the desk in front of him. "I have the pack running patrols. Whatever this is, it's not friendly and everyone's scared."

Owen grabbed his jacket and put it on. "Come on."

"Where are we going?" He led me to the entrance to the pen.

"If something's wrong, pack stays together. And they need their beta and alpha."

I smiled and gave him a hug before phasing back into wolf form.

Let's go.

Owen stuck his hand in my fur and gently gripped the hair on my shoulder.

Together we made our way back to the pack.

A sharp prod struck my head and teetered. Owen yelped and tried unsuccessfully to steady me. I fell on my side and viciously attacked the cause. My mind stretched out and pushed against the other. Behind my attack, I built a wall, individually creating each and every brick and mortar line. I built it to withstand a stronghold.

And the other thing broke it down. She entered my mind and inspected each memory. She was inherently violent, if that was possible, yet somehow still young. She hummed in my head and shocked me still.

In the back I was dimly aware of Owen calling my name over and over and the raptors nudging but all I could focus on was the voice that played over and over in my head.

{You're Alexa. You must go.}

Who are you?! I growled back, in pain and with a growing headache.

{I'm surprised.} She laughed and it made me sick. {I'm you.}

Then I passed out.

"Somethings not right, Ivy." I hugged he neck and looked back over my shoulder. "Somethings here that wasn't here before and I'm scared it's not here to help us."
- Alexa Carson