Over My Dead Body #20

Okay so this chapter is slightly sexually suggestive at the end there. You have been warned.

                Raiden heard the thumping, the growls, the roars… it came closer and closer but he felt like the path stretched farther every step he took. Until he pushed himself to run faster, did he finally reach the full on battle that was unfolding. He stared but all he cared about was finding his mate in the sea of Alphas trying to hurt his girl. He wasn’t able to catch even a glimpse of his treasure, but the amount of wolves being thrown out of the pack and onto the sidelines told him she was completely okay.

                But nothing was okay, not with his mate being attacked. He specifically told them not to harm her. Now he had to ruin-

                “Look at her.” Raiden turned to Raven’s grandmother. “An absolutely divine fighter, she must be tired though.” She hinted. “I mean she’s been fighting for the past 3 days… or so we’ve been informed.” Raiden looked at her confused now.

                “Fighting?” She nodded with a sigh. Raiden then finally took in the bloodied and bruised woman that stood before him. His eyes widened and he turned to Raven.

                “You can’t stop her now.” She butted into his thoughts once more. “She’s too stubborn to stop her battle. She has this unbreakable pride, she’s a complete feminist and they pissed her off with that superior tone of theirs. Men, they just can’t help themselves.” She rolled her eyes. “Say goodbye to the werewolf society.” She finally turned to face Raiden but he already made his way towards the brawl. She shook her head and smiled letting out a breathy laugh through her nose. “Or maybe not.” She yawned and began to walk away. “Goodness do I need a shower or what?”

                Raiden walked closer and closer towards the middle of the fight. His vision blurred and pulsed at the same rate his heart beat. He was completely furious. He had to hold his mate in his arms. He had to calm the fuck down; he had to calm everyone the fuck down.

                “Stop.” His coarse whisper was drowned out by the clapping of thunder. “Don’t touch her.” His head bobbled as he tried to contain himself. “I said stop!” Raiden roared throwing his head back. A lighting storm formed around them and everyone was at attention. A drop of a pen could have been heard if it wasn’t for the thunder above them.

                “No!” Raven’s wolf howled and the storm intensified. She tried to lash out at anyone that was unfortunate to be around her.

                Keep fighting! You all must pay for this. Continue! Continue! She desperately tried to keep the fight going but everyone listened to their Alpha. They bowed down as he passed through them and towards Raven. She couldn’t see him though; all she could see is the red blood that dripped onto her eyes. She needed flesh between her fangs, she needed what she had mere seconds ago. She would have been done by now. What has changed!

                “Raven.” She went still, but again all she heard were the mocking sounds of the Alpha’s voices.

                That’s right listen to your Alpha Mate.

                Not so tough now are you.

                She will pay for her disrespect.

                Raven rubbed at her eyes to try and see clearly. She blinked profusely until finally she can see the treacherous snakes that bowed their heads to… Raiden.