Prologue

I actually wrote out and planned this book. lol(Amaranth above)~

The Enforcer Elites are a tight-knit group of mostly men who protect pack laws and packs from planned Wilde attacks. They get tattoos every time they fail and a pack falls. Packs have an insignia that represents them, which is what is tattooed on the enforcers. Enforcer Elites are immune to wolfsbane and silver. Any dormant wolf or 'null' were shipped off to a certain compound to train to be an Enforcer. All wolves were used, no wolf was useless not even Omegas. Omegas weren't used as slaves, they were trained to be assassins since usually omegas are smaller in stature than a regular pack wolf. In the Nineteenth century, wolves are far more barbaric. Protect packs, plunder pack lands, remove female mates from their original packs by force. The Enforcers were never out of jobs, there were always stupid leaders or cocky wildes. Wildes is a packless wolf, their distinct trait is their scent. They smell of wild, untamed nature.

There aren't any humans, they got themselves wiped out pretty quickly and the werewolves took over. Werewolves are basically immortal unless killed by silver or wolfsbane. Their healing process is almost instant unless pumped with a fraction of silver or wolfsbane.

In an Enforcer's compound is a girl with brown hair and piercing green eyes, she's a bit different considering she's one of the four females in the Enforcer Elites, and she's closer to her wolf than a 'null', but she doesn't shift so she is still considered one. This girl's name is Amaranth Titanis.

Wake up early, bathe quickly, begin training, take a lunch break, train some more, bathe the sweat of the day away, sleep, and repeat. The schedule for an Enforcer Elite was the same every day. These wolves were considered the soldiers for wars because that's who would be sent to the front line. There were never days off, and when assigned to protect a pack they were ordered to record their training.

Amaranth was on the mats in the training compound sparring with her father, Darren. Lucas the second-in-command and one of Amaranth's best friends walks up to the both of them motioning for them to stop.

"Benjamin needs to see you, Mr. Titanis," Lucas says sharply standing with perfect posture.

Darren rolls his eyes, "I told you to call me Darren, Lucas."

Amaranth crosses her arms watching the interaction, Darren brushes his pants off and walks, more like skips, away from the two and out the training compound door. Benjamin is the Enforcer's Leader and when you were summoned you always immediately went to his office. No one ever knows what happens if you're late because no one ever was, that man was scary.

Lucas Bane, who is tall, built, and at least twice Amaranth's size takes Darren's position on the mats and gets in a fighting position. They stare at each other calculating one another's movements. They begin circling each other before Amaranth fakes a left and grabs his right wrist and flips him over her onto his back. Amaranth smirks triumphantly. Lucas growls lowly before sweeping his leg and kicking her legs from underneath her. She falls to the ground with a loud thud, momentarily knocking the wind out of her. There's a loud snort followed by snickering making Lucas jerk his head in its direction momentarily distracting him. Amaranth takes this chance and pins him.

"Come on, You're the second-in-command, Lucas does not lose focus so easily," Amaranth says chuckling.

"You two cheated, you got Joe to distract me," Lucas says offended.

"Now Now Lucas doesn't blame your mistakes on others," Joe says mockingly.

Joe, a tall, curvy, olive-skinned brunette, happens to be one of the other females in the Enforcers, slides out from behind one of the pillars that are lined up a few feet away from the walls. She walks over to Amaranth and pulls her up onto her feet before giving her a high five. She happens to be Amaranth's other best friend.