Chapter Four: Persistence

~I'm sort of back, I have all my college jazz to worry about but, I have been accepted to one so not much to worry about now. Now I have finals and the rest of my senior year to worry about *Stress*.

Amaranth and Stella arrive back at the base the next evening.

"I'll go report to your dad since it was my assignment," Amaranth says walking towards the entrance of the main building, where Benjamin's office was located.

Stella makes a disgusted noise before walking away in the opposite direction filing her nails with a nail file. Amaranth rolls her eyes and continues on her way.

When she gets close to the door she hears yelling. Amaranth debates on whether she should wait somewhere else or knock and test his patience, stepping forward she chose the latter. Before she knocks she hears, "Hades, she's an Enforcer Elite she cannot leave to be your mate. Especially since she's-."

Amaranth cuts him off with a knock, "Hang on Hades, I'll call you later."

Benjamin clears his throat," You may enter."

Amaranth walks in, "So the assignment went well."

Benjamin narrows his eyes a bit, "Yeah, I sort of heard."

Amaranth rolls her eyes.

"Since you're back safely and I know what happened you don't have any more reason to be in here," Benjamin says calmly.

Amaranth raises an eyebrow, "Oh? Well, I heard snippets of your conversation and I'm sure they had to do with me."

Benjamin grunts in reply, "Well, I was talking about you not to you so it's still not really any of your business. So if you'll be so kind as to take your leave." Benjamin motions over to the door.

Amaranth's eyes flash for a second before she lets out a breath and walks out, slamming the door shut.

She stomps down the corridor and down the stairs before heading towards the training compound.

Amaranth walked over to the wraps and wrapped her hands before walking over to the punching back and punching and kicking it for what seemed like hours before Lucas walks over to her.

"Whoa Mara, you okay?" Lucas asks pacing a distance away from her.

Amaranth turns toward him, breathless and sweating. Lucas hands her a towel and she wipes the sweat from her brow, "Yeah, I'm fine what makes you think I'm not?"

Lucas scratches the back of his neck nervously before handing her the water bottle that was in his other hand, "Well... Uh... you've been in for a few hours and you haven't eaten or slept since you got back."

Amaranth sighs before putting the towel over her shoulder and begins unwrapping her hands, "You seriously don't have anything to worry about, I'll be back in shape in a few days."

Lucas raises an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Just drop it, Lucas," Amaranth says tossing the wraps aside and walking away towards the living compound. Lucas looks after her retreating back with a longing stare before shaking his head and looking down and muttering to himself, "Don't lose yourself before you've found yourself, Mara."

Amaranth arrives to her room before sitting on the bed and putting her head in her hands before whispering hatefully, "Joe I'll get my revenge for your death I swear it to you."
After a few minutes Amaranth gets up and goes to the showers before heading to bed.

The next morning there was a knock on the door. Amaranth didn't move an inch from bed other than a slight groan. The knocking came again a little harder. Amaranth opens on eye slowly before closing it, the knocking turns into a pounding. Amaranth sits up and swears at the person on the other side before getting out of bed and walking to the door and pulling it open.

"You better have a fantastic reason to waking me up at- 2 pm, Oh... Um... Can I help you?" Amaranth says looking at the clock next to her bed.

Lucas looks amused before shaking his head, "Actually you can, you have a new room mate."

Amaranth then notices the burly woman standing behind him, she widens her eyes briefly before looking at Lucas with an are-you-serious look.

The woman steps forward, "Hello, doll. I'm Logan and I'm trans, I prefer the pronoun they or her if you don't mind."

Amaranth gets a look of understanding on her face before nodding and stick her hand out, "Hey Logan, I'm Amaranth, but everyone calls me Mara."

Logan nods before putting a hand on her chest, "I heard about your friend and I give my condolences for your loss."

Amaranth bods her head in Logan's direction.

Lucas looks between the two before chuckling, "Looks like I had nothing to worry about."

Amaranth raises an eyebrow.

"He told me you had trust issues, especially since that incident, " Logan says looking at Amaranth politely.

Amaranth glares at Lucas before crossing her arms in his direction, "So why do I have a new roommate?"

Lucas looks everywhere but at Amaranth suddenly nervous, "You aren't going to like this, but She's from Hades' pack, unshifted like the rest of us."

Amaranth suddenly sobers up and looks emotionless, Logan looks between the two.

"I am aware of the situation between you and my Alpha, but I'm not here because of that."

'Liar' Amaranth thought, she could smell the lie from miles away.

"Lucas would you like to train with me?" Amaranth says sickeningly sweet.

Lucas widens his eyes before looking down the hall for an escape. Lucas sighs when he doesn't find one, "Fine-."

Before he finishes Amaranth grabs his ear and drags him to the training compound while muttering, "This persistence isn't going to attract me foolish alpha." Poor Lucas as clueless as ever.

When they arrive at the compound  Amaranth begins wrapping her hands, Lucas wraps his hands too looking serious.

"You going to win this time Lucas?" Amaranth asks looking at Lucas with tears in her eyes.
Lucas nods looking at her with tears in his aswell.

~Author Vi is back sort of, as of a few months ago I got back into drawing, if you'd like to see my works check out my Instagram independent_honesty and Twitter SilentLunis~