Chapter Two: Breach

The Crest Pack hadn't been that far from the compound. When they arrived, Amaranth didn't bother to wake Stella and went to greet the leader.

A man came to greet her. Amaranth assumed him to be the Beta.

"Hello, you must be one of the Enforcer's," The man greets kindly.

Amaranth nods," Amaranth Titanis reporting for duty. Apologies, Stella Elite is lazy and currently asleep."

The man nods, "No need to apologize, I'm Aiden Jackson Crest Pack's Beta."

Another man comes towards the group from the pack house which stands a little lower than the trees in height, "I'll be taking your bags ma'am."

Amaranth nods before throwing him the keys to the car. The man then scurries off. A sudden yawn causes Amaranth's eye to twitch.

"Sorry, I'm Stella Eli-" She's interrupted.

"I'm aware of who you are," Aiden says looking down at her.

Stella justs bats her eyelashes, "That's good to know."

Aiden clears his throat giving her a pointed look, "I'm mated."

Stella suddenly chokes on air and looks flabbergasted. Amaranth covers her mouth as she chuckles.

"Anyways, we have much to talk about. Come," Aiden says walking towards the pack house.

~~

When the girls both get finished packing and settled in they gather in the Alpha's office. Aiden sat behind it in the large leather chair, and the girls sit in front of it in the wooden chairs.

"As you both know, our previous Alpha died, he died from a wilde attack. However he had been emotionally weak at the time," Aiden says grimly.

"Wildes?" Stella murmurs in shock.

"I haven't heard of wildes in such a long time," Amaranth mutters.

"Yeah, his mate was killed and his son kidnapped," Aiden says looking uncomfortable.

Amaranth nods.

"Why didn't the Alpha rank transfer to you?" Stella asks tilting her head.

"The heir is still alive and I would not have fit the role," Aiden states sadly.

A dark-skinned woman strides in followed by a red-headed woman.

"Ah, this is my mate, Rowan," Aiden motions toward the dark-skinned woman, "And this is the Gamma, Jewel," He motions toward the redhead.

They both offer smiles, one genuine and the other fake. Amaranth waves and Stella snorts in disgust.

"So do you know who the heir is?" Amaranth asks.

All three pack members shake their head slowly.

"His last name is Jerricco though," Aiden states.

Amaranth's eyebrows raise.

"Do you know of Alpha Hades Jerrico?" Amaranth asks cautiously.

Aiden shakes his head confused.

"What are you guys living under a rock or something?" Stella snaps exasperated.

Amaranth gives Stella a warning look.

"This might be a problem," Amaranth sighs, "Are the warriors at least trained?" She asks after a few minutes.

Aiden nods quickly.

"Gather all your warriors," Amaranth orders getting up and brushing off her shirt before strutting out the door of the office.