Newt Imagine 1

Song Inspiration: https://open.spotify.com/track/4ulix0RIyXmuNLgwPaz46S?si=I3Ro3x1lSwy8o_8MikZkRA

It was the first night that Thomas was going to spend within the glade. His mind rushing with questions as he tried to comprehend the world infront of him. His reality. 

The only thing keeping him focused at this point in time with his conversation with Newt. The second in command. He seemed like the kind of male that was laid back until he needed to sort something else. But currently the two were just talking... Thomas was asking questions and Newt did what he could to answer them. 

Thomas had a certain question in his head that he had been wanting to watch the whole night. He had to get it out or he was going to explode. 

"Newt, do you.. y'know.. remember anything. More than just your name?" He was curious to know more. 

Slowly the blonde looked towards Thomas, raising the mason jar to his lips sipping at it slowly before nodding. At last here Thomas knew he would get a full answer and not just a yes or no. 

"Yeah, its taken me a few years... but I remember some things. I had a friend. They were so happy.. all the time. I cant ever seem to remember exactly what they look like. But I know that we were close. It was when we were younger. I cant remember much. Just.. flashes every so often. Little flickers of thought which seep in. Like of trainrides.. we always seemed to be together on trains." Newt continued to speak within his thick accent. It building to the story and drawing Thomas in more to listen.

"I had a bit of a thing for them... or at least I remember feeling like that." He added the end bit. "But I've never seen them out of my mind. Sometimes I think its just me going insane and that they are just my imagination." 

Newt glanced to the ground, straining his expression as if he was trying to figure something else. 

Thomas cleared his throat slightly before asking.

"Do you remember there name. Like you remember your own?" He was eager to know... Newt hadn't given him such a detailed answer all night.

"Yeah.... Y/N..." He answered. His voice breaking slightly as he spoke. As if to mention the person within his mind... the love from his past would break him. 

He loved Y/N even if they were just in his mind... even if they were only children when they met. 

Thomas knew... not to ask anymore. 

Newt knew... he didnt have the strength to answer anything else.