TBS x Blind! Reader Part 2

Song Inspiration: https://open.spotify.com/track/3jQyadhLTxpxadQlkFh2b8?si=sRMBiGCqQpe-bv7zFG0X4g

Y/N had relaxed into the bench, Mustard resting his head in between her knees. He was a good dog, wanting to do whatever was possible to reassure Y/N that she was in safe paws. Y/N remembered the day that she was assigned Mustard. She spent the first few hours just feeling his soft fur, it felt nice to have someone in the house with her once more. He was called Mustard due to his mustard-like patches of fur. A German Shepard. Y/N was given the option to either go back and live with her family or to get a guide dog. It was an easier decision to get a dog than to move back home. She came from a growing family and knew that if she was to go home she would just get in the way. She valued her freedom. All she had nowadays was her freedom, her dog and her books. 

Y/N tilted her head back slightly, presumably looking up at the sky as she felt the heat coming from the rays of sun beating down on her. Even though that she couldn't see anymore it felt good to be able to sense the world around her in some sort of way. It gave her a point of direction, she must be facing east as it wasn't too far into the day and the sun was directly in her face. It felt nice, warming her body and helping her to rest. 

Soon enough though Y/N could hear the sound of a car heading down the road that connected to her street. The familiar distinct sound of the classic Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spyder which purred along the road, pulling to halt in front of the bench. Y/N moved to stand up, wrapping her fingers around the handle to Mustard once more. Adjusting her bag whilst she stood, she could hear the car door open and knew who it would be... causing a smile to grace her lips. 

"Hey Tom" She spoke as she assumed he was stood in front of her, she was getting better at sensing where people were. It made her feel magic. 

Thomas smiled as he edged over to Y/N cautious not to step on Mustard. "Hey you" He spoke cheerfully as he moved in for a hug. Making sure he spoke before making contact with her, having done that mistake and scared her many a times before. 

Thomas had known Y/N since around year 10 of secondary school. She moved into the area and ended up moulding into his friendship group, ever since then Y/N has been supportive of him through all of his roles and achievements. It made him sad to know that Y/N would no longer be able to achieve the dreams she once had. But nevertheless he would try and brighten her day whenever he was around. 

The two held the embrace for a few moments before Mustard let out a small yawn, a cute and ironic action. Like Mustard was bored of the exchange and wanted to move on. Thomas let out a small chuckle and looked down at the dog, taking in a breath he spoke again 

"right, into the car with the two of you. We're going to Jane's cafe down Northstreet" He spoke as he took ahold of Y/N free hand and moved it to the door handle for the backseat. He would help where he was needed but knew not to baby Y/N, she was blind.. not a child. 

Y/N smiled and nodded as she grasped the handle, opening it up. She let go of Mustard's handle and clambered in, Mustard following afterwards. Thomas moved round to the drivers seat and got in. He glanced back to Mustard who had comfortably lay down across two of the three seats in the back whilst Y/N was fumbling to get the seatbelt buckle in. He was about to ask if she needed help but then the reassuring click was heard so his assistance wasnt needed. 

Once he was buckled in Thomas turned the car back on and set off into town. It wasnt that long of a drive. Maybe 5 minutes, but it was quicker than Y/N going on foot. The two spoke about some of the current news and asked how each other had been, much like how normal conversations would go down. They both tried to be as normal about things as possible. 

Soon enough the three of them had parked up and Thomas helped Y/N out of the car, Mustard helping Y/N to grab the handle before the three of them headed off. Thomas made sure to stand close to Y/N just so if she tripped on something he could catch her, like another guide dog. Thomas and Y/N were talking about some pop culture news when the worst had to happen. 

Irresponsible parents and a bunch of kids. 

The screaming child came over to the three of them, obviously interested in the 'sweet doggy' that was with them. Y/N tensed up as the children began to talk and touch the dog. It made her scared, if Mustard was distracted then who was being her eyes? Thomas could tell. He looked to the kids and to Mustard. He needed to intervene.

"Please can you not touch the dog..." Thomas said to the kids, they didnt seem to want to listen as they continued to fuss over Mustard. 

Y/N took a step back trying to pull on the handle to usher Mustard back. But it didnt work. Thomas began to get annoyed. 

"Hey, back off alright!" He snapped at the kids... and obviously the only time their parents listen is when an adult yells at them. The kids backed off as the parents stormed forward.

Mum: "Dont yell at my kids mate, who the f*ck do you think you are?!" 

Mum 2: "Go pick on someone your own size you twat" 

Y/N couldn't handle confrontation, she backed up more and Mustard moved to sit at her feet. He sensed that she was scared. 

Thomas looked to her and then to the mums. "Your kids were distracting a guide dog. My friend needs her dog to focus and your kids are preventing him from working. Teach your children some f*cking manners"  He spoke before he took ahold of Y/N's hand and ushered for her to walk the direction that Thomas was going, away from the pathetic mums and uneducated children.

After the three of them got far enough away Thomas stopped them and wanted to check over Y/N to make sure she was fine

"Hey, you're okay now" Thomas spoke as he pulled her in for a hug. Y/N only hugging him with one arm as her other hand was holding onto Mustard.

"Im okay... I just hate when that happens" she spoke quietly as she rested her head against him. 

Even at times like this Thomas could calm her down more than even Mustard.

She was getting better at sensing things.

At feeling how the world is without sight..

But could Thomas sense her feelings? 

To be continued....