Part 17

"Help!" we kept yelling and banging our fists against the door. "Get us out of here!"

But nobody seemed to hear us.

"HELP!" we yelled louder. "HEEEEEELP!"

Still no response. The hallways were bare. Nobody seemed to pass by, so nobody could hear us. No Jennie, no Jisoo, no Rosé - nobody. 

"I don't think we're ever getting out of here", Jungkook sighed.

A long sigh escaped my lips as well. I slid down against the door, my back brushing on it. What happened? Did Minnie not know we were here and locked her dressing room door accidentally? Who did this? Was it purposefully?

Don't think that way, Lalisa, it's too harsh, I scolded myself in my mind. Nobody would be so mean to do it purposefully. 

A small tear rolled down my cheek and touched the floor, slowly fading away. 

"Hey, don't cry", Jungkook said, sitting next to me on the floor. As I hopelessly looked into his eyes, he smiled at me, but I could feel that his smile was not completely honest - he was almost as unsure we were going to make our way out of here as I was. "It's all going to be okay."

We both let out synchronized sighs, and stayed there in the darkness for a few minutes that seemed like an eternity. 

What is he thinking? And why is he not talking to me?

I glanced at him to see his facial expression. He had his eyes closed, but was visibly not sleeping - he was just deep in thought. What is he thinking???!!! I kept asking myself desperately. He's probably thinking of a way to escape this dressing room. But what if he's not? What if he's thinking of Soyeon or something? I pouted without realizing. 

"Hey, uh-" I began. "So...um...do you plan...uh..."

I stopped and took a deep breath, trying to stop talking clumsily. Play it cool. I couldn't find my words. 

"Okay. So, do you plan to...get back together with Soyeon?" I asked, and looked straight into his eyes, hoping that the answer was no.

He sighed. "Lisa, how many times do I have to tell you this so you can understand? Soyeon and I are over."

I looked away as I sighed in relief. Thank God he is not dating that selfish girl again. 

"But do you still have feelings for-"

"No", he interrupted me. "I do not."

"D-Do you think..." I began, but stopped again.

"Go on", he said, smiling confidently.

I took another deep breath and continued.

"Do you think she locked us up in here?"