Percy

Percy had heard alot about VR gaming. It had been a full 2 years since it first came out in the United States. Of course he never tried it. Trying anything related to the internet was dangerous for demigods. He still remembered how Chiron once told him about the boy who searched up gorgons on the net and got a little more then he bargained for. The thing was, monsters could track internet signals pretty well, and the fact that Percy's body was going to be lying motionless and defenseless while he was ain some sort of virtual reality did not sit well with him.

"It's alright." said Kirito. "I've been setting up some major firewalls for the past hour. Monsters might be able to track signals, but that doesn't mean they can't be blocked with the right signals..I mean you've watched satilite tv right?"

Percy nodded. "Yeah, I guess.."

"Has a monster ever attacked while you've watched tv?"

Percy scratched his chin. "No, not recently."

Kirito grinned. "See, it's just a matter of disguising the signal to seem like another type, the monsters wont be able to track you."

Percy suddenly had an image of his half brother Tyson the cyclops with his mouth wide open going "Wha?" Yep, computer stuff was totally lost on Percy. His only talent, slicing stuff to bits with a sword.

As Percy sat down on the couch and put on an Amusphere, he watched Asuna help Annabeth into an Amusphere as well. How weird..what was VR gaming like, would it feel real at all?  Darren definitely looked excited to do this. Hazel had come down from the ship to go in Asuna's stead, apparently, Asuna didn't want to have to convert her ALO avatar over, as it would involve taking a bunch of time to put all her items in storage from the game. Kirito already had an Avatar with items in GGO, so it was alright with him.

"Alright." said Kirito putting on his Amusphere and joining everyone on the couch. "Since this is all your first time, you'll probably spawn in a different part of the city. Just look for the tallest building in the city, the Administrative Building, and we can meet there..look for a black haired girl with gun and laser sword.

"Whose she?" Percy asked.

"Erm...it's not a she actually." said Kirito as he blushed slightly. "My Avatar type was pretty rare...and well..."

Percy held back a laugh. Dang! Who in their right mind would come up with a guy avatar that looked like a girl!?

"So anyways." said Kirito hastily in an attempt to change the subject. "We're gonna meet a friend of mine from both ALO and GGO, her online name is SInon. So if you don't see me, look for the blue haired girl with a huge sniper.

Darren began to fidget on the other side of the couch. "Oh man oh man oh man..this is going to be AWESOME!!"

"Right." Muttered Percy. "Let's just get this over with." He looked at Annabeth who gave Percy a small smile. At the same time all of them said. "Link Start!"

Percy's eyes seemed to do a number on him as he saw sudden bursts of color fly past him like stars from Star Wars when light speed was happening. His body felt like it was flyiing farther and farther away....

Percy opened his eyes. "Urgh...what the...? Where am I ?"

Percy opened his eyes a little wider. "Holy Poseidon...I...I...WOW!!"

Percy was surrounded by  a massive city of metal steam punk and high tech skyscrapers. Nearby, roads with plently of cars seemed to run past him as the sci fi streets were filled with people of all sorts talking to each other, showing off intimidating looking military/hunter armor. it was like Percy had stumbled onto an appocalyptic version of New York that collided with Star Trek, Star Wars, and Call of Duty. (Percy never played Call of Duty, but he saw the commercials.)