- Chapter 5 -

A rook had come in and said that a gang war was about to go down between The Rooks and The Roses. You and Jacob hurried out to the destination, which happened to be in Whitechapel, and just managed to stop it in time.

"Rooks!!"

"Roses!!"

The two gangs froze and looked up at their leaders, standing atop a carriage over their loyal followers.

You spoke first, loud and clear,

"Tonight, our worries shall be at ease. Mr. Frye and I have made an agreement but have yet to forge an alliance."

Jacob spoke after you,

"As of now, in front of all of you, we shall make a contract, forge said alliance and therefore be known as The Rooks-"

"-and The Roses. All together under one name to fight Starrick and his bloody Blighters."

Valerie shouted from the crowd,

"They'll be bloody when we're done with them!"

Both gangs roared with triumph and newfound enthusiasm. Determination. All of it. The crowd was waving hues of greens and purples.

Jacob held out his cane to you, with the eagle's head for a handle staring at you. You looked at the cane and then up to Jacob, smiling. He smiled back, winking at you. Your cheeks dusted pink but you fought to keep your strong leader composure.

Grabbing hold of the cane with your hand over the top of Jacob's, you both rose the cane in the air and on display for the Rooks and Roses to see. The gangs grew louder and smiles were across all faces. People who held knives to each other's throats just minutes before were now shaking hands and hugging. It was quite comical but a huge relief. The big step was completed.

Now, for the real war to begi-

"Oi!"

Everyone turned to see a big group of Blighters walking into the Stronghold, the leader locking eyes with Jacob and Evie.

"I've been lookin' for you two Frye twins. Been wantin' ta sink my knife inta ya," they said, mocking their name with a sour sneer.

"OI!" you screamed louder, "Not with us around!"

Your gang and you sort of worked like a beehive. You gave out little code words and signals that were hidden to the rest of the world but not too obvious to them, either. Your people were smart. You swore they read your mind because they caught these signals and words every time. Granted, this one was obvious. So it didn't count as much.

Your girls lost it. They charged at the Blighters with unseen rage and force. They definitely don't fit the stereotype of fragile when it comes to then being women. They were strong and followed no man's rules. That's why you liked them so much. They thought just like you.

We need more women in America like this. I find so very few, You thought as you sprung into action with your gang and just behind you, the Frye Twins (Before you jump on my ass about this, I would like to add in that your descendant is Rosie the Riveter. If you don't know who that is, then shame on you.),

Now, for the real war to begin!