Chapter 3: There's No Going Back Now

Iris POV

"Fuck!" I swore as I try to treat my wounds but it's not looking so good. "Damn those freaks! Took my only mask and fucked up my clothes!" (Calm down a little. We'll see them again and we when we do, we should have a little fun with the hooded one.) "I don't give a damn! I just want them to die!" I slam my fist on my bed and I hiss from the pain again. I can't even treat my fucking wounds like this, how dare they think they can put their hands on me!

Then there was a knock on my door. (Looks like you better calm down.) "Come in." I say and the door opens. Daya walks in with towels and a first aid kit. "You look like you could use an extra hand." She sits down next to me and takes out some medical stuff. "I said I'll be fine. Just eat your dinner before it
gets cold." "I'll eat when you let me help you." She is such a pain. "Please Iris. Let me help you." Her eyes filled with worry and tears. "Fine."

After what felt like 30 minutes she was finally done. "Where did you learn to do this? You make a pretty good damn doctor." She smiles. "Well I want to be one. So I can people get better." I roll my eyes at the word "help." I then felt her hug me which caught me by surprise. "But I also want to make sure the people I care about don't die. Like you." "But I'm nobody special. If I die then I die. Simple as that." I hiss a little as she tightens her grip on me. "But I don't want you too! I care too much about you to just let you die!" Why the hell do you care so much about me?

Then there was a knock in my door again. "Come in." Sarah walks in with her face covered in food. "Is there something on my face?" "Clearly." She sits down on the couch with me. "I don't want you leave you Iris, I care to much to just leave you here." I sigh as they both try to make me change my mind about them leaving. "Go to bed it's getting late." I say makes good myself comfortable on my bed. "Go to bed and get some sleep."

I was hoping it would be the end of that but then I felt pairs of arms around my waist. "Kid you are too close for comfort." "But I'm just showing you that even people like you need some love." Sarah then gets in front of me and moves my arms around her and she holds on to my arm. "Night Iris!" Sarah says as she closes her eyes. "*Sigh*... I don't like being touched this much." I give in and I close my eyes as well and let sleep take me.

Morning

When I wake up I realize that the kids are gone. It's very quiet and I don't even hear the tv. I guess they finally listened to me and left. "It's for the best."

I take a quick shower and I look into the mirror and I see myself. My scars on my face, and my body. "Mom please stop! Dad why are you doing this?!" I form a fist. "We're sorry Iris sweetie! We're sorry!" "Bullshit." I wash my hair and I walk out of my bathroom and I grab my clean clothes. But since I don't feel like doing anything I'll just stay in my tank top and boxers.

As I open the door and walk into the kitchen I'm then vey surprised. "What the fuck?!" The two people that were supposed to take the two girls are dead on the ground. "Iris!" Daya gets off the couch and I look at her. "What did you do?" I walk over to the dead bodies. "I just put a little something in their drinks and they really enjoyed it." I groan in annoyance. "Do you have any idea what you done?!" I snap my fingers and the bodies rise up. "What the?!" "Go die in a car crash." I say and the bodies leave and close the door. Daya goes to the window and see them get in to their car and driving off somewhere.

"Where are they going?" "Somewhere to go die in car crash. Frankly I don't care." I put a hand to my face. (Is this my fault? Why did they have to follow in my footsteps? Goddamnit all!) "I guess I never knew taking a life would be this... exciting." I look back at her in shock. "What have I done... where's Sarah?" I felt a tug on my boxers and I look down to se she's smiling at me. "Do we get to stay here with you now?" (I guess there's helping it now.) (No!)

I walk over to Daya and I slap her in the face. She holds her face and looks at me. "Wake up!" I slap her again. "You fucking idiot! You can't just do that shit now look at what you done!" I was gonna slap her again until I saw the fear in her eyes as she and I realize what I done. (Yes keep hitting her! Keep hitting her!) I close my eyes and I move my hands to my ears. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!"

Daya POV

I thought she was gonna hit me again but then she stopped and now she's yelling at herself. "OUT MY HEAD!!! GET OUT!!!" She crouches down and violently shakes her head. "Iris please stop..." She then looks at me and she can see the tears in my eyes. "I'm... sorry..." she falls down and she must be unconscious now. My sister hen rushes over to her. "Iris wake up!" I can't help but likes my fault she's like this now.

I crouch down as I look at her sleeping body now but she also mumbles in her sleep. "Leave... me... alone." "Iris..." I hold her hand and she tenses up in her sleep. "I'm sorry."