Chapter 4 Farewell Princess

Ben's fighter races into the sky as he leaves Ach-to. As he flies, he watches a hologram of his mother as Leia delivers a message to the Resistance supporters across the Galaxy.

Landing at Corellia, and then in systems throughout the Galaxy, the First Order supporters gather in large numbers and Ben, always dressed as Kylo Ren, shakes hands with as many beings as he can. The crowds are large and excited, rich and collected, or bragging and eager to catch a glimpse of the youngest leader to rule the Galaxy. The Supreme Leader always says a few words, letting The General make the long speeches to garner loyalty and trust.

Meanwhile, the Resistance gathers together in secret. Small groups of rebels watch Leia's message together. They may appear to be less popular outwardly, but the feeling that The First Order has taken control unfairly, runs deep. On every planet in the Galaxy, there is hope that freedom will come. There are many who remember life under the Empire, and they fuel the Resistance on quietly. For several weeks, Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose and Leia all visit different places, separately and together, meeting with leaders and encouraging their supporters.

Each fight that occurs above a planet's surface seems to have more and more black X-wings present. There are heated discussions all over the Galaxy about the Order being a good organization, while others can't imagine submitting themselves to an absolute ruler, ever.

Kylo Ren discusses plans with his First Order leadership and his Knights of Ren. The numbers of the Knights of Ren have grown across the Galaxy. This new present force of defenders only adds to the contention and division officials and citizens feel towards the First Order.

It has been a busy few weeks. Leia, Rey, Rose and R2-D2 exit a diplomat's house in a busy city on Chandrila. The city extends far and wide, and Rey keeps looking around as if expecting to see something amiss. Rose is dressed, and acts, very much like a diplomat as they walk slowly to the ship. Leia makes her way behind, bidding farewell to the other resistance supporters.

"I'm so tired," Rey laments, "Do you know where we're going next?"

"I heard Bespin." Rose walks with her shoulders back more often than before.

Rey perks up at this destination, "Isn't that Cloud City?!"

"Yes, have you ever seen it? I haven't."

"I've always wanted to go there. When I was little I had a postcard picture of it. It looked so clean and inviting."

Rey has the same feeling she had before and looks to the sky with concern, "Do you feel that?"

Rose looks to the sky too, but doesn't understand what Rey sees, "Feel what?"

Rey realizes it's a sign of danger from the Force and she dives to cover Rose. The landing pad they are standing on is bombed by black X-wings from the First Order. Rey looks around for Leia; she's been knocked to the ground but seems conscious. R2-D2 has been singed but rolls towards Leia. Rey stands to run to her beloved leader and friend.

The next blast is blocked by a Force shield Leia inadvertently creates. She meets Rey's eyes and smiles. She knows this is her end, and does not fight it. Rey screams in protest; she attempts to reach her but the next explosion turns the entire landing pad into one giant ball of fire. Rey wakes up being dragged into the trees for cover. She looks up, and the figure, Huuni, speaks before running off.

"Long live the Supreme Leader."

Rey is horrified, and sees that Rose is unconscious. The final blast reaches the edges of the trees and the ship is clearly no longer usable. R2-D2 looks like a rolling charred can. Rey's eyes fill with tears as she realizes what has just happened. Leia Organa is dead.