5

~Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, if it all goes wrong,

Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, darling just hold on~

Louis did not give a good first impression to his team. He was wearing flip flops, sweats, and his jean jacket, since he was woken up and taken down to the police station. "Sorry for the unprofessional attire, my boyfriend was arrested this morning."

"Sorry to hear that." Simon said, a demure smile on his face.

There were three people sitting at the dining room table. One had black hair, and was pretty tall. The girl had blonde hair and was currently building what looked like a bomb, and the last person had brown hair, a glassy look in his eyes, and a prosthetic leg. Louis could see this because he sat on the end of the table.

"Meet Luke, Perrie, and Palmer." Simon told Louis, who took a seat at the table, all smiles. The others were emotionless. "This is Louis, your getaway driver." Simon said, louder. Still no emotion. "They are angry because they don't think that they need you, but they need you."

Perrie exploded with a string of curses, and Simon simply pursed his lips.

"Luke, Louis is now taking your job. If you don't accept him, you get less money." The three of them all sighed collectively, as if they were one person, and then there was silence. "I'm leaving it up to you guys to fill him on the details you already know. Louis, keep up the training. See you soon."

Simon left them alone, and Louis felt three hot glares on him. He felt persecuted and uncomfortable. "Would now be a good time to fill me in on my role?" Louis said.

Luke stood, breezing out of the room, headed to one of the rooms down the hall. "Getaway driver." He yelled.

Perrie continued building her bomb, and Palmer walked over to the desk, typing on the computer. "When would be a better time?" He asked, looking at the swirls in the desk.

"Never." Perrie responded, and then looked up and smiled at Louis.

They don't want me here. No matter what Simon said, Louis thought to himself. He didn't bother to say anything, but he simply just walked out the front door, hiding himself into his jacket.

He thought he heard cheers when he closed the door behind him.

---

Louis sat in his apartment, watching High School Musical and stuffing his face with cookie dough ice cream. He was a sad excuse for a twenty year old. Some people didn't like him, hurt his feelings, and this was his solution. Watch a DCOM and eat ice cream.

"Hi, mum." He sighed, when his mom called as he threw away the empty container of ice cream.

"How did today go?"

"My coworkers wish I was dead." He joked, pausing the movie and flopping onto the couch.

"Louis, it'll take time." Jay said in her soothing voice. Louis mocked her quietly, before she continued talking. "Maybe buy them some coffee, or something. To get them to like you a little bit, or at least be open."

"They literally wish that I didn't work there, and that I would never have met them, mum." Louis complained. "I wish I could come home."

"You don't have to do it, then. Come home to me, Boo Bear." Jay started to cry, and Louis softened instantly, realizing that his problems didn't matter compared to the other ones. His family needed this money to survive.

He had to do this.

"Please don't cry, mum. I'll be home soon, I promise. This is it. The job. A couple more weeks and I'll be home."

"Come back to me, Louis."

"I will, mummy." Louis said. "Just please, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Rest now."

"Goodnight, Louis." She said before quickly hanging up.

Louis looked at the television, paused on Troy Bolton's face. "I'll get everyone coffee in the morning. If they don't talk to me about the mission, I'll talk to Simon. That's reasonable, and sounds like a good plan." He sighed. "It's a good plan."