12

~Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, ‪if it all goes wrong,

Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, darling just hold on~

Louis sat in the car calmly, waiting for them to run out the door. The idiots had actually left the car unlocked in the back. He drank some bottled water that was in the side door, and he was wearing his mask, which had been left in the trunk, since he wasn't there.

When the clock hit 10:30, he threw the car in reverse, and sped up to the back door. He opened the passenger door and the back doors, and the trunk. Then Louis heard gunshots, and he revved the engine.

At 10:31, the door opened, and the three of them came running. Luke looked at the car with wide eyes, but threw one of the duffle bags into the trunk. Palmer threw the other one back there, and then got in the passenger seat. Perrie collapsed in the backseat, blood soaking out of her arm.

Luke's face was covered in blood, and it took him three tries to shut the trunk before he slid in next to Perrie and started barking instructions to Louis. "Up towards the highway. There's an overpass where we'll meet up with the decoys. Palmer, guide him."

Silence.

"Palmer!" Luke yelled as Louis hit the gas.

Palmer's head was tipped forward, and his eyes were closed. Luke touched his neck, to get a pulse. "He's just passed out."

"Is Perrie okay?" Louis asked in a terse voice.

"I'm fine." She said, albeit weakly.

"Don't worry about it." Luke said, taking off his shirt to wrap around Perrie's arm. "We got the money, don't act like you care about her."

Louis didn't really care about Perrie, but she was a human being. Louis didn't want her dying in the backseat of some rank car.

"Turn left." Luke told Louis, a little abruptly, causing a sharp turn. "Now, you need to cross the freeway. No one will follow you for a second. Just wait for a gap, cross over the freeway, over the median, and then swing left to keep going that way. Brake hard once you're under the bridge and get into the right lane."

Louis didn't hesitate for one second to follow his orders. Perrie screamed as the car jostled going over the median.

Louis turned up the radio to drown out his thoughts as he did a wide left turn and then a hard brake, taking the place of the decoy on the right. Then he kept going in line with the other cars until he got to the right exit, and went straight into the parking garage.

Louis grabbed the keys to the car that he was supposed to take, and he took his mask off. Luke was still dealing with Perrie, so Louis put Palmer in the other car, poured some water down his throat, and then helped Luke transfer Perrie into the other car.

Louis took one bag of cash out of the trunk, and then got into the car. There were the sounds of sirens in the distance, but they weren't coming for them. They had gotten away.

"Thanks, Louis." Luke said, as he shut the door.

Louis rolled the window down and flipped him off as he drove away.

---

"How'd it go?" Simon called as Louis was checking out of his hotel room.

"It's done." Louis said, hanging up. He didn't want to talk about anything that had happened today, or even think about it too much. He just wanted to get on a plane.

At the airport, he checked all of his bags, and hurriedly got on his plane, not wanting to miss anything. He looked at his phone finally, but there were no messages.

He'd call mum as soon as he landed in New York.

Finally alone with his thoughts, Louis didn't get emotional or sad or anything about being locked in the closet. He was just proud at himself for overcoming all of the obstacles of the day.

Simon was sure to be proud of him as well.