18

~Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh~

"So, they just DM'ed you and were like, oh, want to come to New York for a photoshoot? Why couldn't they do one in London? Is this really another bank robbery that you don't want to tell me about?"

"I sent you screenshots of the DM's, Lotts. They think, based on my Instagram selfies, that I'd be a good model for their brand. I've also been repping Adidas since I was born. I'm dedicated to them, and maybe they'll give me free trackies if I do this."

"Whatever. Don't rob any banks while you're there."

"No promises."

Louis ended his phone call with his sister, putting his bag up as he headed through security. He was going to be a model. For Adidas.

He was buzzing, honestly.

---

"You're like the cutest." The photographer said. "You've never modeled before, right?"

"Nope." Louis said.

"Well that's fine. We'll just take some standard pictures. Put this outfit on for the first one. Oh lord. Your eyes. They're so blue."

"I've been told that." Louis laughed. "I'll just go put this on, then."

Louis was an amazing model, looking stunning in all of the clothes, and the photographer was amazed with how pretty he looked and how good the promo would be.

When all was said and done, the two of them hugged, and then Louis was off.

Adidas being a huge corporation, he expected it the encounter to be bigger than that. But it was just one photographer and a lighting guy all day.

Louis was ready for some food, now.

---

Louis found himself at IHOP.

He ordered a little bit of everything, and had a nice glass of orange juice with it all. He was just finishing up his meal when he got a call from someone.

Eleanor.

Eleanor and Louis had had a couple of one night stand sort of things over the months. Louis couldn't remember the last time he'd seen her, and he honestly didn't like her all that much.

Really nice woman, but just not for him.

"What?" He said, answering.

"I'm pregnant." She said, not even saying hello. "It's yours, obviously. That's why I'm calling."

Louis pursed his lips, trying to rapidly process the information. "Okay...." He drew out the word.

"What do we do, I'm freaking out?" She said, sounding like she was having a panic attack.

"Alright, love. Calm down. Everything is going to be okay. Are you freaking out because you want to keep it or because you don't?"

"I-i want to keep it, Louis. I'm a baby nurse. I love babies. Have always wanted kids."

"Well, then. There ya go."

"You're not going to run off? Delete my number and never talk to me again?"

"I'm a decent human being, Eleanor." He said, giving his server his card. "Look, I'll be back in Doncaster in a couple of days. We can get brunch and talk, okay?"

"Okay." Eleanor said, calming down. "Thanks, Louis. For being decent."

"Thank my mum for that one, alright?" He laughed. "Bye, Eleanor."

---

A couple hours later, Louis was at a club, doing shots. He was feeling very stressed about being a father, and he kept thinking of his mum and his family, and he just felt like getting drunk.

Louis really needed friends.

Louis sat at the bar, drinking his woes away, and being successful, actually. He forgot about everything and just let himself be in the moment.

"Bartender, vodka on the rocks!" Someone shouted, shoving himself onto the bar and pushing Louis aside.

"Ey, watch it." Louis told him off.

"Sorry." Liam giggled, taking his drink and going back to the dance floor.

Louis shook his head. "New York is crazy." He said to himself. "New York is crazy."