16

~Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh,

If it all goes wrong~

Louis was used to having to do things himself. He just thought that of all the people that he's done jobs with, Ed would be the most likely to not bail on him on the day of the job.

But here Louis was, alone, doing the job himself.

There was music streaming from his earbuds as he worked on the computer. It really was a couple keystrokes, as Ed had said. Then all Louis had to do was stroll through the doors, get the money, and then drive away.

That's exactly what he did.

He even did a little dance while doing it. He sashayed down the empty hallways with his mask on and his duffel bag in front of him, and he took all of the money out of the unguarded and unlocked safe. "Thank you very much." Louis said, doing a spot on Elvis impression.

When the duffel bag was full, he did the salsa on his way out - a couple months prior, he had taken some dance classes in London because he was bored. A couple acting classes, as well, had made his self-confidence shoot through the roof.

"Well hello there, Simon." Louis said, whipping the minivan that he was driving down alleyways and tight streets. "Just on my way to pick up the kids from soccer practice in this god forsaken van."

"It's inconspicuous, what can I say? You and Ed get the money?"

"More like I got the money. Ed didn't show."

"What?" Simon was genuinely surprised.

"Yeah. I waited a little too long, and he didn't even show up. Are you going to track him down and kill him or something? Not that I want you to, but are you going to?"

"No, no, no. I've worked with Ed for a while, this has never happened before." Simon sounded genuinely panicked. "I'll deal with this. Just bring me my money."

Louis threw his phone down at the empty passenger seat, and pulled into the parking garage. He grabbed the money, switching into a sleek black car. He took his mask off finally, and started driving to the parking garage by Simon's building.

Once he got inside, the secretary recognized him, and he went ahead to the elevator to talk to Simon. "Money, money, money." Louis said.

"Thanks, Louis. Get your cut sometime soon, you know the drill." Simon was hard at work.

"Well, goodbye then. Call me when you need me, you know the drill."

"Don't you want to go out and live your life? I've given your more than enough money, and this isn't a career Louis. You've been working for me for two years."

"I like it." Louis said, turning around and fixing his fringe. "What's wrong with that?"

"You've got to find something else, don't you? Your passions and stuff?" Simon looked up at him.

"I'm only 22, Simon. I've got plenty of life to live. I don't feel like having this argument, so I'm leaving. See you next time, Uncle Si."

"Bye, Louis."

---

Louis went back to his apartment, planning on staying for a couple of days before heading back. As he laid there on the couch, watching Halloweentown, he tried to think about what he wanted to do with his life.

The acting classes were a good start, but he really wanted to get back to writing, which was his big dream before Simon came along. At that moment, Louis picked up a pad of paper from next to his front door, and he jotted down some ideas.

Maybe Simon was right, maybe he should start planning for the rest of his life.

Could Louis do both? Work for Simon and start writing?

Brilliant idea.