~5~

(Don't play the song yet)
—————————————————
After Tom explained everything, Edd and Matt were too shocked to speak. They just sat there, staring at Tom like he was crazy.

"Are you crazy!?" Edd blurted out (ooo, ironic)

"What do you mean by that?" Tom asked

"You could've died!" Edd shouted

"Yeah, but I'm fine" Tom wafted his hand a single time, motioning to Edd that he was just overreacting

Little did everyone know, Tord was just around the corner of the wall, listening. Tord felt a wave of guilt wash over him. He could've led Tom into death! Tord decided it would be best if he just left, that way everyone would be safe. Tord always brought trouble wherever he went. Tord ran away from the corner, crying, and slammed the door behind him when he entered Tom's room.

The gang heard the giant bang, which led to Tom standing up to see what it was.

"I'll be back in a sec, I think that was Tord" Tom said before walking off

Tom slowly opened his door, not wanting to disturb Tord if he actually was still asleep and the giant slam was just the wind blowing another door.

"Tord?" Tom called out

All Tom got in response were sobs, but not directly at him. Tord was laying on Tom's bed, his face hurried in the pillow, not wanting to look up for air, he wanted himself to suffer for putting Tom in danger, so he decided to suffocate himself in the pillow as he sobbed, but not until he was dead. Tom was confused, but saw that Tord wasn't coming up to gasp for air as he cried into the pillow, so he closed the door and made his way over to the bed, plopping himself down next to Tord.

"Tord, look at me" Tom demanded in a calming tone

Tord looked up at Tom, the tears streaming down his face quickly. Tom sighed, he hated seeing Tord like this, since it seemed like Tord was constantly sad. Tom pulled Tord into a warm hug, showing him it was ok and to calm down. Tord started to calm himself, sniffling and heavily breathing, the tears and heavy sobbing started to stop. When Tom was sure Tord had completely stopped, he lightly pushed Tord off of him, making Tord face him, but Tord just looked at the ground.

"Tord, look up at me" Tom said

Tord looked up at him, he had dry tear marks going down his face, bags under his eyes, his eyes in particular looked dull, not his beautiful silver anymore, a dead-dull-grey. Tom didn't like this, it worried him. Then an idea popped into his head. Tom walked over to a corner, bringing out a bass. Tom sat back down next to Tord, Tord still looking at Tom. Tom lightly smiled and started to strum.

(You can play it now)

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea..."

Tord's eyes went back to they're normal size, and they're normal color

"I'll sail the world, to find you"

"If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see..."

"I'll be the light, to guide you..."

Tom turned to Tord, smiling, which made Tord smile a bit

"Find out what we're made of"

"When we are called to help our friends in need"

"You can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there"

"And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two and you'll be there..."

"Cuz that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah"

Tord's smile got bigger, as did Tom's. Tom closed his eyes and looked up, starting to sing again

"If your tossing and your turning and you just can't fall asleep"

"I'll sing a song"

"Beside you"

"And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me"

"Everyday I will"

"remind you..."

Tord started swaying to the music, which made Tom's heart thump a bit when he peaked his eyes open and noticed

"Find out what we're made of"

"When we are called to help our friends in need..."

"You can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there"

"And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two, you'll be there..."

"Cuz that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah"

Tord sighed, but with a sort of happiness and relaxation, making Tom do the same

"You'll always have my shoulder when you cry"

"I'll never let go, never say goodbye"

"You know you can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there..."

"And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two, you'll be there..."

"Cuz that's what friends are supposed to do oh yeah"

Tord smiled as the song was near ending, and decided to finish it. When Tom was about to sing the last bit, Tord cut him off

"You can count on me Cuz I can count you"

Then it ended. Tom and Tord smiled at each other, a pink blush of happiness appearing on Tord's cheeks. A red blush of love spreading across Tom's.

"Hey Tord, can I tell you something?" Tom asked as he placed his bass, Susan, gently on the floor

"Sure" Tord chimed

"Well... do you know why I've been willing to put my life at risk for you?" Tom asked

"Well you said it was because it was the normal human thing to do" Tord answered, a bit of confusion in his tone

"Well, Yeah, it is, but you know I would die for you right?"

"Y-you would?" Tord asked, his pink blush turning to a pinkey-red

"Yeah, do you know why?"

"No..."

"Because I love you" Tom smiled, making his blush spread across cheek-to-cheek

Tord was shocked, but then relaxed with the sentence. He then proceeded to push they're lips together lovingly, creating a love-filled kiss. Tom soon kissed back.

When they parted, they looked at each other with huge smiles of happiness, the blush across they're cheeks resembling the love.

"I love you too" Tord said as he hugged Tom

Tom closed his 'eyes' and hugged back. The two sat there for about 5 minutes, just hugging. Although they didn't want to let go, Tom remembered about Edd and Matt.

"I'll go see Edd and Matt, then I'll come back, I'll only be about 2 minutes" Tom chuckled a bit

"Ok" Tord giggled

And with that, tom went to go kindly "escort" Edd and Matt out of his apartment...

Word count: 1111