Chapter 1

*** Hey! I am writing an actual book. Well, trying. I have had this idea in my head for a while and thought I'd put it into words. I hope you like this. It may be a little different from how a normally write, but maybe that's a good thing.***

. . . huff . . . huff . . . huff . . .

That was all that could be heard. Just the huffing and puffing of a little girl the age of four. She had dried tear streaks on her face that was smudged with dirt, grime, and dried blood. The blood was not hers though. The blood belonged to her brother.

She looked behind her, to see if she could still see the prone body of her older brother. She could see nothing through the dark pitch black night. She was starting to get scared, but then she remembered the words her brother had muttered to her minutes before.

“Whatever you do, imouto, do not stop. Do not come back for me. When the time is right, I may find you again. Until then. Run.”

She will make sure she carries on that command given to her by her Nii-san.

She continued to walk instead of run. Her little legs were sore and she was feeling rather tired and hungry. Not having eaten anything since the night before, that’s understandable. She continued to walk, looking around, seeing if she could see anything or anyone that might be able to help her. She could find nothing.

She continued to walk for a few more hours, before her tiny legs gave in. She crawled over to a tree and hid under the large roots. Holding a yellow blanket that she was carrying close to her heart, she tried to find something to fall asleep to. She listened to the forest around her. She heard to chirp of the crickets, the sound of a family of raccoons making home in the hollow of a nearby tree, the soft screeching of the bats. With those noises in her ears, she was finally able to fall asleep.

She awoke to the sounds to different kinds of birds chirping in all different directions, somehow making a beautiful sound. She sat up and yawned while rubbing her large doe eyes that were greener than fresh gladiolus flowers. Her long brown hair that was normally the color of the bark on a tree and smooth like silk, was now terribly knotted and had spots of dried blood in it.

She looked at her surrounding, getting a much better view than she had the night before. She looked all around, staring and begging her eyes to see something that could help her. As she was looking around, she was unaware of a group of five people sneaking up behind her.

She was still squinting, trying to see better, when she heard a pile of dry leaves being crushed under someone’s foots. She was about to turn around when something was placed over her eyes, and a hand placed over her mouth. She felt herself being lifted up into very muscular arms and felt them jump away with her.

She tried to struggle and scream to get them to let go of her, but that just made them grip onto her tighter. She was starting to get scared. She didn’t want to go with these people. They had an aura of danger and murder.

She tried to strain her ears and see if she could hear anything that could help her. All she could hear was the whipping of the wind in her ears. Then, she heard it! Voices! They were all talking in quiet, hushed tones. She could tell that all except one of her captors was a men.

The one carrying her was a man, a big man by the shape of his body. There were five others jumping with them, two in front of them and three behind them.

She couldn’t hear what they were talking about, but from the tone of their voice, she suspected that is was very serious. She was starting to panic and tears started to build up in her her eyes behind the blindfold. As they jumped farther and farther away, the tears started to stream out from her eyes. The blindfold started to soak and get heavier on her face. But she couldn’t stop.

She wanted her Nii-san. Her Mama. Papa. Aunt Shishi. Uncle Toto. She wanted to go home.

She clutched tighter to the yellow blanket still clasped tightly in her hand. This was the only thing she had from her home. It was a gift to her when she was born from her Uncle Toto. They lived in a different village far away from where she lived, but they always made sure to visit her at least twice a year.

A few hours later the man carrying her abruptly stopped jumping, along with his comrades. Then she heard a series of footsteps coming there way. They kept getting closer and closer until they stopped right in front of the man who was carrying her.

She felt the damp blindfold being removed from her eyes. They were met with the faint light of a torch. The man holding the torch was looking her over, his eyes stopped on the yellow blanket she was clutching tightly to her chest.

He raised his eyes up to her captor that was holding her. She looked up too, trying to get a look a the man who kidnapped her.

He had long, shoulder-length hair that was a  rich, deep blue color. His eyes, which were sharp and narrow, were a dark shade of grey. His facial features were all sharp and emotionless, though that’s not to say he wasn’t good looking. He was very handsome indeed.

She looked back to the man in front of her. He was very tall, taller than her father. He had chestnut brown hair, shades lighter than her own, that went to his ears in a flattering style. His eyes would have been a warm shade of blue, had it not been for the malicious glint that was there instead.

She started to shake in the blue-haired man’s grasp, to scared to think. Tears started to build up in her eyes before they fell down her cheeks to the ground. The brunette looked at her and smiled. The scary thing was, was that it was a warm genuine smile. Not a cold, sadistic one like the other. A true, genuine smile. That made it all the more scarier.

He reached over to pluck her from the blue haired man’s grasp. The blue haired man’s arms tensed before letting her go. The brunette man looked at her while brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

“Well, aren’t you a cute little thing. My name is Kaijū These are my men, and woman. The woman is Mara,” Kaijū said as he pointed to a women with dull, blonde hair that was in a low ponytail down her back. Her brown eyes were as dull as her hair and was void of all emotions.

“The man next to her is Akuhei, “ the man Kaijū gestured at had jet black hair that looked like it was dyed in squid ink with matching coal black eyes. He was very tall, almost pushing seven feet in height.

“The man next to Akuhei is Fuzen,” Fuzen was much shorter than Akuhei, by a foot and a half, and had dark red hair that was almost brown with glittering blue eyes.

“These two are the Nakamura twins, Kuro and Leiko,” two twins stood side by side. Both had pale blonde hair and dark green eyes. They were so identical that the only way you could tell them apart is if you knew them for a long time.

“And lastly, my right hand man, Toshiko,” Kajiū pointed to the blue haired man that was holding her before. He still had an emotionless facade on. Utterly unreadable.

Kain looked down at the little girl in his arms, “What's your name sweetheart?”

She started sniffling as she answered in a shaky voice, “My name is Aiko.”