Chapter 23

Aiko woke up alone in her apartment, a normal occurrence over the past few months. She still didn't like how quiet it was, so he was thinking about getting a pet, but she wasn't sure if she should.

What if I forget to feed it? What if I leave it alone for a long time and it pees on the floor? What if the landlord won't let me get one? What if-

Aiko's rambling was halted as she heard the doorbell ring. She didn't know anyone was coming over. She hadn't invited anyone nor did anyone tell her that they might pay her a visit.

She curiously walked towards the door and put her hand on the handle. Heedless to the danger on the other side, she opened the door without delay. Which was her first mistake.

Aiko hands twisted the doorknob and opened the door. She had barely gotten a glimpse of what was on the other side when - - -

"AIKO WAKE UP!!!" Someone shouted in her ear. Aiko shrieked while falling out of her overly large bed. As she fell out of the bed, the large comforter had gotten tangled in her feet and around her legs.

"Itai," Aiko whispered while holding her head. She had hit it on the bed frame on the way down and it was throbbing.

"Gomen, Ai-chan," the person, who was revealed to be Sakura, apologized as she helped untangle Aiko from her comforter.

When Aiko got up, she noticed that Sakura looked excited. Her cheeks were flush and her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"It's okay, Sakura-chan. What has you so excited?" Aiko asked while she was picking up her comforter and laying it back down on her bed.

Sakura squealed, her cheeks burning a brighter pink and her green eyes almost seemed to glow.

"Hinata's sensei asked all of the teams and their sensei's if they would like to go to the hot springs before the Chunin Exams!" Sakura was so excited that she was practically bouncing on her toes.

Aiko cocked her head to the side, "Kurenai-san? She did? But they were supposed to hang out with me tomorrow."

Aiko got sad at the thought of being alone. Before she was allowed to get too deep in her thoughts, Sakura interrupted.

"Oh, they are," she started with a serious face, "because you're coming with us!"

Aiko stood still for a minute before a brilliant smile broke out across her face.

"Really?! That sounds so fun!" Aiko gleefully shouted while hugging Sakura.

Sakura hugged back and spun them both around the room. After a few minutes of spinning around the room, they both stopped and flopped down on the now-made bed. Giggles that used to be flowing out of their mouths changed to tired pants. There chest consequently rising and falling.

Aiko was laying there, enjoying the silence when a thought came to her.

"Sakura-chan, when are we leaving?" Aiko asked Sakura, whose eyes were now closed.

Sakura sat bolt upright, "Oh, that's why I was here. I was supposed to come over and tell you to get ready, but then I scared you. Sorry."

Aiko giggled while getting off the bed. She headed over to her closet and grabbed the backpack that held all her things when she first came to the leaf. It was empty now since she hadn't used it in a few months, so she packed it with a few outfits.

"Sakura-chan, how long are we staying there?" Aiko thought as she pondered how many clothes to pack.

Sakura tilted her head back with her finger on her chin, "Well, there's tonight. And also tomorrow and the day after . . . so three days and three nights. when we wake up after the last night, we pack and leave the next morning."

Aiko nodded and started to pack the appropriate amount of clothes, plus one pair of emergency clothes. Along with a swimsuit and a cover dress. After she started packing, she heard a knock on her front door. As she was about to get up Sakura spoke.

"Keep packing, I'll get it," Sakura was already walking out of the room towards the door.

As Aiko continued to pack, Sakura walked over to the door and opened it. Sakura then saw the person on the other side.

"Shino? What are you doing here?" Sakura asked, still standing in the doorway.

"Kurenai told me to come and check on you guys since you were late to the meeting place," Shino explained as he patiently waited outside in the hallway.

"Sakura-chan, who's at the door?" Aiko asked as she walked out of her room with her bag over her shoulder.

Aiko leaned around while walking, trying to look into the hall.

"Shino, we're late to the meeting place," Sakura explained while opening the door wider to let Shino in.

Aiko nodded and smiled at Shino, "Hey, Shino. Sorry that you had to come and get us."

He shook his head, "It's fine. It wasn't a big deal."

Aiko nodded before speaking to both of them, "I just need to turn everything off and get my sandals. Then we can leave."

They both nodded while she went around her house, turning all the lights and other appliances off. As she passed by the door, she grabbed her sandals and slipped them on as she walked.

The three of them walked out of her apartment, Aiko locking the door behind them.

It took them about five minutes to reach the front gate. They hopped from roof to roof to get there quicker.

As they dropped down in front of the genin teams, they were slightly panting. Well, Sakura and Aiko were. With Shino, they couldn't really tell if he was even winded.

Aiko straightened from where she was hunched over, catching her breath. She saw the genins in a large group while the sensei's stood a few yards away, talking amongst themselves.

They looked away from each other and over to Sakura, Aiko, and Shino. The teens had not yet noticed the arrival of their friends til Kurenai spoke up.

"Finally, I thought we would have to wait forever," She said with a joking smile fluttering across her lips and reaching up to her eyes.

Aiko smiled apologetically, "Gomenasai. It's my fault. I distracted us and took a long time trying to get everything off and ready."

Kurenai shook her head, her smile still in place, "It's fine. It was a last minute decision and you had less notice than the others. Anyways, that's neither here or there. You're all ready to go now, aren't you?"

Aiko smile excitedly and nodded, "Yep, I have everything all ready and I can't wait to go to a hot spring! What is it like?"

Ino, who, along with everyone else, walked over to the three and the sensei's, spoke aloud, "What do you mean, 'what is it like?'. Have you been to one?"

Aiko shook her head, adorable confusion evident on her features.

Ino giggled giddily, "You are going to love it!"