Chapter 3

Aiko looked at Toshiko in expectation. He started to explain, “Well, when Kaijū sent me on a solo mission to collect some Information on a man who he feels is a threat to him in some way, I-” He cut himself off as he looked at her face, judging what she might do when he told her, “I confessed to the Kazekage about Kaijū’s doings.”

Aiko looked at him in shock. She can't believe that he told someone. But, if he told someone then- “Doesn't that mean you'll get in trouble with them for being affiliated with them? What would happen to you?”

Toshiko looked sad, “I told them the bad things I did and why, and they agreed to have me work for them for a year.”

Aiko froze. She had been with Toshiko since she was four, and being away from him for that long would hurt way worse than all the beating Kaijū gave combined into one. She couldn't bare to be away from him since he has been in her life more than anyone, and he was the most influential in her upbringing.

She stared at him, “But . . . That means I . . . I won't be able to see you . . . for a year.”

Her voice was so heartbroken and of sadness. It pained Toshiko to listen to her.

He gave her a contrite look, “I know Ko-ko, but it's either that, or we're stuck here forever. And I want you to have a better life than this. You deserve a better life than this,” he cupped her cheeks with both hands and kissed her forehead.

She closed her eyes in defeat and nodded. She knew it could be way worse, and even though she didn't want to leave Toshiko, she didn't want Toshiko to hurt people for Kain’s bidding. She wanted him to be free and she wanted to be free with him.

Over the years, Toshiko had become a big brother figure in her life. He was always worried about her and always tried to help her with her androphobia. But try as he might, she just couldn't get over her fear.

As she looked at Toshiko, she noticed a few things. She noticed that he had taken over a protective aura when he was around her. Even when other were around, he was secretly very protective of her.

She trusted him more than anyone. And so, she would do this, for him.

“When are they going to come here? And how are they going to pull it off?” Aiko was worried about if this would actually work.. All there other plans didn’t even make it into action. There might be a chance that this doesn’t work.

Toshiko could sense her doubt, he took her hands in his and looked her in the eyes, “Listen, Ko-ko, you know I would never do anything that could cause you to get hurt or to leave you alone forever. I will be gone for a year, but in that time, you will carry out the last wish of your brother.”

Aiko sighed. She remembers his last wish vividly.

“Imouto. When you get out of here, try to find your way to the Hidden Leaf village. Aunt Shishi and Uncle Toto are there. They can help you. Okay? Promise me you’ll do this? Please?”

Aiko looked at Toshiko, “Alright. But you still haven't told me how this is gonna play out. Or when.”

Toshiko straightened up and started talking, “Well, I asked them if they could staged a raid and put everyone in cells or kill them. At the moment I didn’t care, still don’t. They said that they would put them in cells, so they could interrogate them. I asked if they could out them in separate cells so they wouldn’t know we were traitors. They said that was fine, less chance of them making plans to escape. They said it would take place in two days so they could necessary weapons for the job. So we have two days to pack up but make it seem like a normal day,” Toshiko gave her a concerned look.

Aiko nodded determinedly. She would not ruin this chance for Toshiko. She wanted to let him have a normal life. She wanted him to be happy.

“I promise,” She looked at her arms has the green glow of his hands fell away from them. They had small scars, but nothing that wouldn’t heal with some cream.

She hopped off of the counter. Standing on her tippy-toes, she gave a small, sweet kiss to his cheek before going into the actual bedroom part. Toshiko smiled before following behind her. They got into there pajamas. Which, for Aiko consisted of a pair of shorts that went to her middle thigh and one of Toshiko’s shirts that he let her have. Toshiko just wore a pair of pajama pants and no shirt.

There was two beds, but since AIko hated to sleep by herself in place like this, so she and Toshiko share the biggest bed.

They both get into the bed, and Aiko snuggles closer to Toshiko. He pulls her closer in a loving, protective hug that Aiko remembers that her brother used to do when she was too scared to sleep alone.

“Night, night Shiko,” Aiko said while hugging him closer and stifling a yawn.

He pet her hair before kissing her forehead, “Goodnight, Ko-ko.”

Two days later, Toshiko told Aiko to quickly pack up her things. She started to quickly pack up the little clothes and the baby blanket that her Uncle Toto gave her. She never let Kaijū take it from her. She got beat for keeping it and hiding it from him, but she would take anything he threw at her if it meant keeping the baby blanket. Her Nii-san told her to keep it. And for a good reason.

“Aiko, this may seem weird, but you can never lose your blanket. The one Uncle Toto gave you? When you go to Konoha, if Uncle Toto isn’t there, show it to the Hokage. He will know what it means. They will protect you.”

Every since then, she treasured the blanket even more than when she found out it was from Uncle Toto. She can’t wait to see him again. She always had a blast when he went to visit her when they were still at the clan compound.

Just as she finished closing the bag that held everything of hers except for her blanket, Toshiko burst into the room. He saw her by their bed with her bag on her back and the blanket clutched between both of her hands. He quickly walked to her and picked her up.

Despite her being a 12-year-old, she was smaller than the average one. Shorter than most, and also with a below average weight. She was strong, yes, but she always underestimated. Which is where most opponents will mess up at.

She looked at Toshiko in confusion, “What’s wrong Shiko?”

He looked down at her and smiled an true smile that she hadn’t seen in so long, “The Suna ninjas are here.”

Aiko stilled, taking a moment to process the information she had just been handed. When it finally dawned on her what he meant, a brilliant smile lit up her face. She hugged Toshiko as tight as she could, which was pretty hard for a smaller-than-average 12-year-old. Toshiko chuckled at her antics and hugged her back.

“We’re finally free from his tyranny. We can live our lives. And after my debt in Suna has been paid off, I’ll come to Konoha and we can all be happy,” Aiko started to cry happy tears. She couldn’t believe it all.

It had to be a dream. This was all way too good to be true.

But it was all real. A minute after their hug had started, Suna nin started to flood the room, looking for any other henchmen that they might have missed.

One of them, clearly the leader, stepped forward, “Are you two Aiko and Toshiko?”

Toshiko nodded. The leader nodded back before bowing, “My men and I will escort you to Suna before we take the prisoners.”

Toshiko nodded once again, “Domo arigato gozaimasu. We appreciate you helping us. I can’t wait to serve under the Kazekage.”

Toshiko walked out of the room that he had shared with the little girl in his arms for seven years, and he will never look back.

Not once.