Chapter 22

"Jūtei! Wait up!" Aiko shouted as she tried to keep up with her running cousin.

"I can't slow down! Sakura-chan is out to get us!" Naruto shouted back while running with Konohamaru away from an angry Sakura.

Aiko sighed at her cousin's antics. It's been eight months since Aiko had officially moved into her apartment and made herself at home in Konoha. She had gotten along well with most people in the village, although some didn't like her just because she was friends with Naruto. She didn't know why though and tried not to let it bother her.

She only had four months left of waiting for Shiko. She was happy here, yeah, but she missed Shiko. And Gaara, her Panda.

I hope they're doing okay, Aiko thought to herself worriedly.

Aiko sighed once again and was about to take off after her cousin and his friend when she heard Konohamaru yelled out in pain.

Her eyes widened as she ran and tried to find them again. When she reached them, she slowed down until she was standing still. There, in front of her, was Kankuro and Temari.

Kankuro was holding Konohamaru by the scruff of his scarf, not looking very happy. Temari was standing behind him, looking bored but on guard.

"Watch where you're going you little punk!" Kankuro said as he tightened his fist on Konohamaru's scarf.

Naruto freaked out, "Hey! You better watch yourself, dattebayo!"

Konohamaru started to struggle more, kicking his feet out and hitting Kankuro's stomach, "Let go of me you jerk!"

Naruto was upset that he was being ignored and charged at Kankuro, "Put him down!!!"

As he charged, Kankuro fingers twitched. That was all the warning Aiko got before Naruto tumbled backward. Naruto was confused as he sat up and questioned how he managed to get all the way back to where Sakura, Moegi, and Udon still were.

He jumped to his feet and started yelling profanities at Kankuro, whose response was to tighten his hold on Konohamaru. Aiko decided that she would make herself known now. As she was walking up behind Kankuro, Naruto spotted and her and, like the loveable idiot he is, gave her away.

"Aiko! Get away from them!" He yelled while frantically waving his arms.

Kankuro straightened and before he had the chance to turn around, a rock flew past his ear and hit the hand that was holding Konohamaru up. He let him go and looked up at a tree, where the rock came from. In said tree was Sasuke, who was holding another rock and tossing it up in the air before catching it in his hands.

Noticing that he had Kankuro's attention, he stopped tossing the rock.

"You should really pick on someone your own size," Sasuke said while simultaneously crushing the rock in his hand.

Kankuro growled, "I hate kids. Especially ones like you. You need to mind your own business."

"Urasai," Sasuke growled at Kankuro, still in the tree.

Kankuro was reaching for something on his back, when Temari finally noticed Aiko behind her, not having remembered since Sasuke's appearance.

"Aiko!" Temari shouted in joy and surprise.

Aiko smiled as she skipped over to the blonde kunoichi, "Temari-nee!"

The girls met in a friendly hug that made Aiko stand on her tip toes and Temari bend at the waist a little.

The leaf ninja stood still, watching the scene unfold, while Kankuro stared at the little brown haired girl hugging his sister.

"Shrimp?" Kankuro asked as the hand still at his side went lax, the other still holding on to the strap of Crow.