8- Tiffany's admission

Michael's men kept on driving to find Tiffany, Michael had hired quite a few people to look for her, having them going north, east and south stopping at multiple places, they knew she would need gas lodging and food, so they stopped at every place they could showing a picture of her.

While stopping at a gas station to fuel up, one of the men decided to go inside and talk with the store clerk "Excuse me, I don't mean to cut in front of you, but I'm looking for this girl, have you seen her?" Mr. Jones asks the clerk showing him a picture of Tiffany, sliding it on the counter towards him. He shook his head no as he looked at the picture. "Sorry I have never seen her before."

The man he cut in front of happen to see the picture "I recognize her." The older man says.

Mr. Jones takes the picture off the counter and shoves it in the pocket inside of his jacket, after the older man pays for his items he followed the man outside. "I saw her about a month ago sleeping in her car, I had banged on the window asking if she needed any help, she declined that she needed any help, she was acting kind of nervous as well, but she also thanked me for waking her up, that she had slept longer than she wanted to."

"What was she driving?"

"I'm sorry who are you? Is she missing or something?" The older gentleman asked concerned.

Mr. Jones flashed him a badge quick "I'm a detective out of L.A, she has been missing for about a month now. She didn't happen to say where she was going did she?"

"No, the only thing that I noticed was that she looked scared. She was driving an older car that was pretty rusted out. It was a Honda or a Toyota I think."

"Did you happen to see where she was heading?" He asks pulling a zippo out of his pocket and lighting a cigarette.

"She took out of here in a hurry going east." He says waving the smoke away from his face. "Hope that helps, but I have to get back on the road." He says reaching his hand out to shake.

Mr. Jones walks back to the car and gets in the passenger seat, he looks over at the driver "Well she was heading east according to that man over there." He says pointing to the older man getting in his semi.

"Shit man, we're never going to find her, it's been a month already, she could be anywhere." He sighs as he starts the car. Mr. Jones starts to laugh "We will find her, Michael claims she's not very smart, she didn't even bring her phone so she has no map to look at, which he claims that she will just stay on the major roadway to prevent from getting lost."

"Well she can't get lost if she's running like that, maybe she's smarter than he thinks she is." The driver snapped.

Mr. Jones pulls a gun out pointing it to the driver's head "Quit complaining and drive before I put a bullet in that head of yours, we will find the bitch, I want that fucking reward money."

*****************************

Caleb lays in the bed trying to process everything that Tiffany had told him. Part of him wants to get up and leave and the other part of him tells him to stay. The more it runs through his head, he thinks back to when she had first arrived and remembers what she was wearing, that hot temper of hers and demanding that he fix her car so that she can get back on the road.

Tiffany still in tears lays in bed facing opposite Caleb worried that she had just wrecked any chances that she had with Caleb. "I'm so sorry." She whispered. "This is why I never wanted to say anything I just wanted to go on with my life and forget about him."

As much as Caleb hated hearing that she was married, he believed her. He now had to figure out how to protect her if in fact her husband was out looking for her. He leaned over and pulled her in his arms, wiping the tears away from her cheeks and taking her chin lifting her face up to look at her. He placed a soft kiss on her lips "We can get through this and I will help you out, I will do what I can to protect you. When I get your car fixed you do what you want to do, either you leave or you stay. I just want you to know that I would like you to stay."