17- Protecting Tiffany

"Tiffany!" Caleb says excitedly, touching the side of her face. "Tiffany.. can you hear me? Open your eyes." Caleb begs.

Caleb watches her closely, seeing if she will open her eyes, he feels he must have tickled her lip as he did to his. Grabbing a hold of her hand he tickled the inside of her hand, she then closed her hand slowly.

"Oh my God Tiffany... keep doing what you're doing and open your eyes." Caleb begged with a smile, wiping his tears away.

Caleb hit the button for the nurse to come in, he continued to talk to Tiffany she slowly was moving around but still hadn't opened her eyes.

The nurse knocked before walking in "Something wrong?" The nurse asked as she walked in.

"The doctor told me to call if there was any movement, she's moving around a little but still hasn't opened her eyes."

"I'll go get the doctor." She smiled as she left.

After about twenty minutes the doctor walked in "I hear someone is moving around." The doctor smiled as he walked over to Tiffany.

Checking her eyes, as he shined the light in her eye she tightened her eyelid, checking her other eye she did the same thing. "Well that's a good sign."

As he continued to look her over Tiffany was responding to every test the doctor was doing. "This is a very good sign, her feelings are starting to come back, she showed a sensitivity to the light, I think she will be just fine."

Caleb takes a huge breath in as he smiled, smiling in relief now all he had to do was work on getting her to open her eyes. The doctor left after a while so Caleb could try and work on getting her to wake up.

The more he talked the more she responded. "Tiffany it's Caleb, if you can hear me open your eyes, squeeze my hand.. please give me a sign that you can hear me."

After a few minutes Tiffany then squeezed his hand, it wasn't strong but enough to know that she heard what he asked her to do. Giving her a kiss he asked her to open her eyes again.

Caleb let out a gasp as he watched her slowly opening her eyes, she looked around for a little bit until she glued her eyes on Caleb, she gave him a little bit of a confused look. "Oh please Tiff, you have to know who I am." Caleb says worried as she looked at him strange.

She then let out a partial smile as she looked at Caleb. Raising her arm slowly she touched Caleb's chin trying to speak but couldn't get the words out.

"It's OK Tiff, you don't have to say anything." He says calmly as he caresses her cheek. Curious if she remembers him he looked at her with a concerned look. "Do you know who I am?"

She nodded her head yes, she then raised her hand again and gave him the middle finger  "Oh thank God." Caleb said relieved with a chuckle. "I see that you haven't lost your sarcasm." He grinned.

For hours Caleb sat with her talking to her and getting her to respond to him. She finally was able to get some words out but was hurting her as she spoke, between the bruised ribs and the smoke that she inhaled her lungs were feeling pretty tight.

The next day Tiffany was able to do a little more and was starting to talk a bit more to Caleb. She was in pain so the doctor administered her some pain relief.

After a few days of being in the hospital and with Tiffany awake, he didn't want to leave her side but knew that he needed to run home to shower and change.

Before leaving he instructed the hospital staff that nobody was allowed to visit her unless he was with her. He also ordered security to stay by her door.